Why rainbow Signature is the strongest cryptocurrency algorithm?

ToTheMars ABC

Jun 8, 2022, 1:33:52 PM6/8/22
to pqc-forum

After the introduction of NSM8, everyone should pay attention to the post-quantum signature algorithm. Compared with the major signature algorithms of NIST PQC, only the rainbow signature algorithm is most suitable for decentralized cryptocurrencies. At the same time, the rainbow signature algorithm is based on NP problem, which is mathematically unsolvable, so it is still safe
1 The 8th《National Security Memorandum》
NSM8 from the White House of U.S. , launched on January 19th,2022 which clearly require all agencies of the U.S. to finish something specially in quantum-resistance algorithms , shows it will be the beginning of a new world of quantum resistance times. All cryptos , bitcoin include, will have to upgrade its digital signature algorithm vulnerable to quantum computer to quantum-resistance digital signature algorithms:
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2022/01/19/memorandum-on-improving-the-cybersecurity-of-national-security-department-of-defense-and-intelligence-community-systems/
NSM8 said:
(B) Within 60 days of the date of this memorandum, the NSA shall revise and make available to Chief Information Officers the CNSS Advisory Memorandum 01-07 (Information Assurance Cryptographic Equipment Modernization) and any associated enclosures and relevant references regarding modernization planning, use of unsupported encryption, approved mission unique protocols, quantum resistant protocols, and planning for use of quantum resistant cryptography where necessary.
and more:
2 NISTPQC
National Institute of Standards & Technology, NIST, have prepared to be able to resist quantum computing via its NISTPQC project.
So far there're 3 kinds of digital signatures, from NIST, will be probably quantum-resistant.
1st: Hash-based signatures:
XMSS, LMS:
https://csrc.nist.gov/projects/stateful-hash-based-signatures
Sphincs+ and Picnic:
https://csrc.nist.gov/Projects/post-quantum-cryptography/Round-3-Submissions
WOTS+:
https://csrc.nist.gov/glossary/term/wots_plus
RESCUE for StarkWare and Ethereum:
https://eprint.iacr.org/2020/820.pdf
2nd: Lattice:
Falcon & Dilithium:
https://csrc.nist.gov/Projects/post-quantum-cryptography/Round-3-Submissions
3rd: Multivariate:
Rainbow Signature:
https://csrc.nist.gov/Projects/post-quantum-cryptography/Round-3-Submissions

  1. Weak points for above 3 kinds of digital signatures:
    1st: hash-based signature:
    《State management of Hash-based signatures》
    https://eprint.iacr.org/2016/357.pdf
    2nd: Lattice-based:
    《Non-randomness of S-unit lattices》
    https://cr.yp.to/papers/spherical-20211023.pdf
    《Report on the Security of LWE: Improved Dual Lattice Attack》
    https://zenodo.org/record/6412487
    3rd: Multivariate:
    《Breaking Rainbow Takes a Weekend on a Laptop》
    https://eprint.iacr.org/2022/214

Given strict requirements of "long-term secure, stable, smaller signature size and actually using cases" for those speicial cryptocurrencies and blockchain scenarios. the conclusion is that Multivariate is PROBABLY ONLY BEST suitable for.
Especially Rainbow Signature:
https://www.pqcrainbow.org/

Mike Ounsworth

Jun 8, 2022, 2:19:10 PM6/8/22
to ToTheMars ABC, pqc-forum
I’m confused, you say that "Breaking Rainbow Takes a Weekend on a Laptop", and then conclude that Rainbow is best. That does not seem to line up.

---
Mike Ounsworth
Software Security Architect, Entrust

WARNING: This email originated outside of Entrust.
DO NOT CLICK links or attachments unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2022/01/19/memorandum-on-improving-the-cybersecurity-of-national-security-department-of-defense-and-intelligence-community-systems/__;!!FJ-Y8qCqXTj2!Yfy2pM3rSs5hyBZN9V3WpkNU95Iv-6B6OODd21D0ztNYwgpJnnb0ZzTy1NJ8kaaa5B1SVJ0q_5xatqJDRvCZyhLVZVQ$
NSM8 said:
(B) Within 60 days of the date of this memorandum, the NSA shall revise and make available to Chief Information Officers the CNSS Advisory Memorandum 01-07 (Information Assurance Cryptographic Equipment Modernization) and any associated enclosures and relevant references regarding modernization planning, use of unsupported encryption, approved mission unique protocols, quantum resistant protocols, and planning for use of quantum resistant cryptography where necessary.
and more:
2 NISTPQC
National Institute of Standards & Technology, NIST, have prepared to be able to resist quantum computing via its NISTPQC project.
So far there're 3 kinds of digital signatures, from NIST, will be probably quantum-resistant.
1st: Hash-based signatures:
XMSS, LMS:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://csrc.nist.gov/projects/stateful-hash-based-signatures__;!!FJ-Y8qCqXTj2!Yfy2pM3rSs5hyBZN9V3WpkNU95Iv-6B6OODd21D0ztNYwgpJnnb0ZzTy1NJ8kaaa5B1SVJ0q_5xatqJDRvCZVSrywV8$
Sphincs+ and Picnic:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://csrc.nist.gov/Projects/post-quantum-cryptography/Round-3-Submissions__;!!FJ-Y8qCqXTj2!Yfy2pM3rSs5hyBZN9V3WpkNU95Iv-6B6OODd21D0ztNYwgpJnnb0ZzTy1NJ8kaaa5B1SVJ0q_5xatqJDRvCZKIQ2CiQ$
WOTS+:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://csrc.nist.gov/glossary/term/wots_plus__;!!FJ-Y8qCqXTj2!Yfy2pM3rSs5hyBZN9V3WpkNU95Iv-6B6OODd21D0ztNYwgpJnnb0ZzTy1NJ8kaaa5B1SVJ0q_5xatqJDRvCZfrOu8pQ$
RESCUE for StarkWare and Ethereum:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://eprint.iacr.org/2020/820.pdf__;!!FJ-Y8qCqXTj2!Yfy2pM3rSs5hyBZN9V3WpkNU95Iv-6B6OODd21D0ztNYwgpJnnb0ZzTy1NJ8kaaa5B1SVJ0q_5xatqJDRvCZcxKZBSc$
2nd: Lattice:
Falcon & Dilithium:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://eprint.iacr.org/2016/357.pdf__;!!FJ-Y8qCqXTj2!Yfy2pM3rSs5hyBZN9V3WpkNU95Iv-6B6OODd21D0ztNYwgpJnnb0ZzTy1NJ8kaaa5B1SVJ0q_5xatqJDRvCZvpyPVZE$
2nd: Lattice-based:
《Non-randomness of S-unit lattices》
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cr.yp.to/papers/spherical-20211023.pdf__;!!FJ-Y8qCqXTj2!Yfy2pM3rSs5hyBZN9V3WpkNU95Iv-6B6OODd21D0ztNYwgpJnnb0ZzTy1NJ8kaaa5B1SVJ0q_5xatqJDRvCZLZyV0QI$
《Report on the Security of LWE: Improved Dual Lattice Attack》
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://zenodo.org/record/6412487__;!!FJ-Y8qCqXTj2!Yfy2pM3rSs5hyBZN9V3WpkNU95Iv-6B6OODd21D0ztNYwgpJnnb0ZzTy1NJ8kaaa5B1SVJ0q_5xatqJDRvCZGvwiKAs$
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://eprint.iacr.org/2022/214__;!!FJ-Y8qCqXTj2!Yfy2pM3rSs5hyBZN9V3WpkNU95Iv-6B6OODd21D0ztNYwgpJnnb0ZzTy1NJ8kaaa5B1SVJ0q_5xatqJDRvCZDNTzn5Y$
Given strict requirements of "long-term secure, stable, smaller signature size and actually using cases" for those speicial cryptocurrencies and blockchain scenarios. the conclusion is that Multivariate is PROBABLY ONLY BEST suitable for.
Especially Rainbow Signature:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.pqcrainbow.org/__;!!FJ-Y8qCqXTj2!Yfy2pM3rSs5hyBZN9V3WpkNU95Iv-6B6OODd21D0ztNYwgpJnnb0ZzTy1NJ8kaaa5B1SVJ0q_5xatqJDRvCZ7LfAb8E$
Any email and files/attachments transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If this message has been sent to you in error, you must not copy, distribute or disclose of the information it contains. Please notify Entrust immediately and delete the message from your system.

truth-seeker earth

Jun 9, 2022, 9:28:50 PM6/9/22
to pqc-forum, abctot...@gmail.com
This sounds very much just like another poor attempt at doing marketing for the ABC Mint cryptocurrency https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5103397.0

Best  regards

ToTheMars ABC

Jun 11, 2022, 9:29:46 AM6/11/22
to pqc-forum, jms.mon...@gmail.com, ToTheMars ABC
Abcmint is an experimental new digital currency who has been operating safely for more than four years.

Official website: http://www.abcmint.org/
Source code: https://github.com/abcmint/abcmint
Message has been deleted

andy yi

Jun 12, 2022, 8:22:58 PM6/12/22
to pqc-forum, abctot...@gmail.com, jms.mon...@gmail.com
 It seems to be a marketing of the cryptocurrency Abc,  if so, the tidecoin may be the bitcoin of the post-quantum era, and its current situation is very similar to the early days of bitcoin.
Tidecoin uses the falcon-512 algorithm. The falcon algorithm is very safe and runs fast. There are only 21 million in total, and it has been running well and stably for nearly 2 years. The production reduction cycle completely matches the NIST roadmap, and there are also clear route planning. Now its ownership has been transferred to the community, it is completely decentralized, and it works well. In addition, Tidecoin is attracting developers and others to join the world. Anyone can apply to join, but because there is no capital investment, the development is slow. But I'm sure it will shine

Official website: www.tidecoin.co
Source code: https://github.com/tidecoin
whitepaper: https://github.com/tidecoin-old/whitepaper
falcon sign: https://www.falcon-sign.info/

ToTheMars ABC

Jul 4, 2022, 6:05:28 AM7/4/22
to pqc-forum, hy81...@gmail.com, ToTheMars ABC, jms.mon...@gmail.com
Abc Chairman Liu Jin has said "Anyone who cracks Abc's rainbow signature will be awarded a $400,000 bonus", have you heard of anyone getting it so far?

Also you mentioned "the code base of Abc has not been maintained for 4 years".
Mr. Liu Jin has said many times that their project is recognized by many cryptographers as stable and secure, so why does a secure and stable project need to be maintained? Could it be that you found the vulnerability of abc?

Also you mentioned "In addition, there is no engineering practice case for the rainbow algorithm, and the links to the parameter set submitted by the rainbow team to NIST have all expired."

I don't understand why you say you can't contact the team, whether it's the rainbow signature practice team, or the abc team, many people are contacted, for example, Mr. Liu Jin and Ruben Niederhagen of the abc team, or Professor Bo-Yin Yang of the rainbow signature team can be contacted.

Mr. Liu Jin, Chairman of Abc
twitter: https://twitter.com/amisrepresented
linkedin: https://tw.linkedin.com/in/liujinabcardo?trk=org-employees
Abc official: http://abcmint.org

ABC Foundation member Ruben Niederhagen: http://polycephaly.org

Rainbow Signature and uov team Prof. Bo-Yin Yang: mos...@gmail.com

As for your statement that "Tidecoin uses the falcon-512 algorithm"
Mr. Liu said, "The falcon algorithm is a very controversial algorithm, which is suspected to be related to a plagiarist, and the algorithm is not secure." Is it reliable that Tidecoin uses an insecure and controversial algorithm?

Finally, if you want to learn more about pqc, you can follow Mr. Liu Jin on twitter: https://twitter.com/amisrepresented

andy yi <hy81...@gmail.com> 于2022年6月12日周日 05:47写道:
 It seems to be a marketing of the cryptocurrency Abc,  if so, the tidecoin may be the bitcoin of the post-quantum era, and its current situation is very similar to the early days of bitcoin.
  First of all, the code base of abc has not been maintained for 4 years, the L1 parameters of the rainbow algorithm have also been cracked, and the upgrade is still in the future. In addition, there is no engineering practice case for the rainbow algorithm, and the links to the parameter set submitted by the rainbow team to NIST have all expired. It cannot be opened and no one can contact the rainbow team, which may indicate that the entire multivariate algorithm is insecure.
  Then, Tidecoin uses the falcon-512 algorithm. The falcon algorithm is very safe and runs fast. There are only 21 million in total, and it has been running well and stably for nearly 2 years. The production reduction cycle completely matches the NIST roadmap, and there are also clear route planning. Now its ownership has been transferred to the community, it is completely decentralized, there are already Korean, Chinese, English, Russian communities, and it is listed on the exchange, and it works well. In addition, Tidecoin is attracting developers and others to join the world. Anyone can apply to join, but because there is no capital investment, the development is slow. But I'm sure it will shine

ToTheMars ABC

Jul 4, 2022, 6:13:31 AM7/4/22
to pqc-forum, ToTheMars ABC, hy81...@gmail.com, jms.mon...@gmail.com
Mr. Liu Jin predicts that in the next few decades, the only truly usable digital signature solution that can resist quantum computer cracking is the rainbow signature.

Ruben Niederhagen

Jul 4, 2022, 8:15:12 AM7/4/22
to ToTheMars ABC, pqc-forum
On 04/07/2022 18:05, ToTheMars ABC wrote:
> ABC Foundation member Ruben Niederhagen: http://polycephaly.org

Just for the record: I am not member of the ABC Foundation and I am also
not affiliated with any other cryptocurrency.

Best regards
Ruben

ToTheMars ABC

Jul 4, 2022, 10:55:32 AM7/4/22
to pqc-forum, Ruben Niederhagen, ToTheMars ABC
I'm sorry, but the chairman of the ABC Foundation has mentioned your relationship with him many times, and some people in the ABC community have contacted you, so everyone in the ABC community has mistaken you for a member of the ABC Foundation.

Matthias Kannwischer

Jul 7, 2022, 3:08:03 AM7/7/22
to ToTheMars ABC, pqc-forum, Lorenz Panny
Dear ToTheMars ABC, dear all,

On Mon, 4 Jul 2022 at 18:05, ToTheMars ABC <abctot...@gmail.com> wrote:
Abc Chairman Liu Jin has said "Anyone who cracks Abc's rainbow signature will be awarded a $400,000 bonus", have you heard of anyone getting it so far?

as has been pointed out before, the level-1 parameter sets of Rainbow are practically broken by https://ia.cr/2022/214.
This obviously also applies to the Rainbow(16,32,32,32) instance used in Abcmint.

We have successfully recovered the secret key corresponding to the public key with address
    84cJso7keg6SHW4vbNVbXccimCZrz7WoESXTtw12b5UsWqmm5.
This address is one of the wealthiest on the chain with a balance of 9M ABC. There is only one address with a higher balance, but as it has no outgoing transactions, we don't know the public key.

The private key was recovered within a few hours of wall-clock time using a slightly tweaked version of Ward Beullens' attack software (which in turn makes use of Ruben Niederhagen's XL implementation).

The forged signature for the message
    "There is no pot of gold at the end of the Rainbow." (ASCII)
is
    "TqERiKoFpkDEOEUGrq2WfH/XvTxP8dzbUxUpD1UyTUyLnVUaZcqW9IV+bTLIuamWS+XVKFcslYHLnxNcjcjnCA==" (Base64)

The Abcmint client does offer functionality to verify signatures like these, but the feature was apparently implemented incorrectly and only allows verifying messages signed with a private key in the user's own wallet. Thus, we instead publish code to verify this signature using the Abcmint codebase as well as our own Sage script:
    https://github.com/mkannwischer/breaking-abc

We hope this clears up any remaining doubts about the applicability of the attack to the Abcmint blockchain. Please inform us how to collect the promised $400,000.

Cheers,
Lorenz and Matthias

andy yi

Jul 7, 2022, 5:39:39 AM7/7/22
to pqc-forum, Matthias Kannwischer, Lorenz Panny, abctot...@gmail.com
  Today may be a historic day. This is the first time in the history of cryptocurrency that a cryptocurrency has been cracked because of its encryption algorithm. I think this is also a preview of Q-Day, so I hope that abc can be upgraded as soon as possible.

John Mattsson

Jul 7, 2022, 5:56:10 AM7/7/22
to andy yi, pqc-forum, Matthias Kannwischer, Lorenz Panny, abctot...@gmail.com
I think everything that need to be said about cryptocurrencies and blockchains are summarized in this recent letter to congress.

NIST should publish that letter as a report and shut down this thread advertising specific cryptocurrencies.

Cheers,
John

Jul 7, 2022, 5:58:32 AM7/7/22
to pqc-forum
On 07/07/2022 15:07, Matthias Kannwischer wrote:
> The private key was recovered within a few hours of wall-clock time using a
> slightly tweaked version of Ward Beullens' attack software (which in turn
> makes use of Ruben Niederhagen's XL implementation).

The XL implementation [1] is joint work of Chen-Mou Cheng, Tung Chou,
Ruben Niederhagen, and Bo-Yin Yang.

Best regards
Ruben

[1] Chen-Mou Cheng, Tung Chou, Ruben Niederhagen and Bo-Yin Yang:
"Solving Quadratic Equations with XL on Parallel Architectures"
Cryptographic Hardware and Embedded Systems — CHES 2012, Lecture Notes
in Computer Science, Vol. 7428, pp. 356—373. Springer, 2012.
https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-642-33027-8_21

Greg Maxwell

Jul 7, 2022, 7:29:34 AM7/7/22
On Thu, Jul 7, 2022 at 9:39 AM andy yi <hy81...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Today may be a historic day. This is the first time in the history of cryptocurrency that a cryptocurrency has been cracked because of its encryption algorithm.

Not at all. Just to give an example, IOTA's signature scheme suffered
signature forgeries. (
https://github.com/mit-dci/tangled-curl/blob/master/vuln-iota.md ).
Interestingly, that is also an example of a "post quantum" scheme that
wasn't classically secure (in that case a lamport like signature
constructed out of a usenet-kook-grade adhoc hash function). I can
think of other signature scheme vulnerabilities in 'cryptocurrencies'
too, though less applicable to this list.

It's true that most of the time cryptocurrency cryptographic flaws
come from things other than the digital signature algorithm -- but
that's merely a result of the fact that there are so many other things
their authors can break in their quest to brew novel snake oil
flavors. With so many other knobs to twiddle that they usually leave
the digital signature part alone.

andy yi

Jul 7, 2022, 8:42:28 PM7/7/22
to pqc-forum, gmax...@gmail.com, pqc-forum, Matthias Kannwischer, Lorenz Panny, abctot...@gmail.com, andy yi
Even so, I still think it is unique, because the algorithm parameters used in abc are directly provided by Professor Ding, which is different from other cryptocurrencies. It can upgrade the parameters, etc. Rainbow team After submitting the new parameters, abc can complete the upgrade. https://groups.google.com/a/list.nist.gov/g/pqc-forum/c/6bJFzU_h44I

Mahamadou Diarra

Jul 7, 2022, 11:17:55 PM7/7/22
to andy yi, pqc-forum, gmax...@gmail.com, Matthias Kannwischer, Lorenz Panny, abctot...@gmail.com
When & how is rainbow team planning to keep their word and pays up the 400,000$ reward???

Abcmint has been trashed! Keep your word

ToTheMars ABC

Jul 11, 2022, 5:29:03 AM7/11/22
to pqc-forum, hy81...@gmail.com, gmax...@gmail.com, pqc-forum, Matthias Kannwischer, Lorenz Panny, ToTheMars ABC
You are right, ABC is the first cryptocurrency signed with rainbow, only code. So it's very valuable.

Legendary cryptographer @claucece sums up all the digital signature algorithms!

Remember! The shorter the signature length i.e. the signature size (bytes) in the last column, the friendlier it is to cryptocurrency mining miners!

ToTheMars ABC

Jul 21, 2022, 7:52:52 AM7/21/22
to pqc-forum, ToTheMars ABC, hy81...@gmail.com, gmax...@gmail.com, pqc-forum, Matthias Kannwischer, Lorenz Panny
Although the rainbow signature is no longer on the NIST PQC list, Mr. Liu Jin said, the next 20 years, 100 years or more, the shortest signature length and can resist quantum computer cracking digital signature algorithm, or only based on multivariate cryptography (Multivariate cryptography) rainbow signature algorithm, this is a fucking mathematical decision! No one can change it!

Bank BSC

Jul 21, 2022, 8:29:18 AM7/21/22
to ToTheMars ABC, pqc-forum, hy81...@gmail.com, gmax...@gmail.com, Matthias Kannwischer, Lorenz Panny
why this NIST mailing list becomes a bullshit cryptocurrency scammer system?

ToTheMars ABC

Jul 21, 2022, 9:16:28 AM7/21/22
to pqc-forum, bank...@gmail.com, pqc-forum, hy81...@gmail.com, gmax...@gmail.com, Matthias Kannwischer, Lorenz Panny, ToTheMars ABC
abcmint is a post-quantum secure blockchain project led by Mr. Liu Jin and approved by famous cryptographers around the world, not a scam project.

The official website of abcmint coin is http://abcmint.org

Bank BSC

Jul 24, 2022, 7:45:44 AM7/24/22
to ToTheMars ABC, pqc-forum, hy81...@gmail.com, gmax...@gmail.com, Matthias Kannwischer, Lorenz Panny
if not scammer, why not keep your promise and pay the $400,000?

Dear ToTheMars ABC, dear all,

On Mon, 4 Jul 2022 at 18:05, ToTheMars ABC <abctot...@gmail.com> wrote:
Abc Chairman Liu Jin has said "Anyone who cracks Abc's rainbow signature will be awarded a $400,000 bonus", have you heard of anyone getting it so far?

as has been pointed out before, the level-1 parameter sets of Rainbow are practically broken by https://ia.cr/2022/214.
This obviously also applies to the Rainbow(16,32,32,32) instance used in Abcmint.

We have successfully recovered the secret key corresponding to the public key with address
    84cJso7keg6SHW4vbNVbXccimCZrz7WoESXTtw12b5UsWqmm5.
This address is one of the wealthiest on the chain with a balance of 9M ABC. There is only one address with a higher balance, but as it has no outgoing transactions, we don't know the public key.

The private key was recovered within a few hours of wall-clock time using a slightly tweaked version of Ward Beullens' attack software (which in turn makes use of Ruben Niederhagen's XL implementation).

The forged signature for the message
    "There is no pot of gold at the end of the Rainbow." (ASCII)
is
    "TqERiKoFpkDEOEUGrq2WfH/XvTxP8dzbUxUpD1UyTUyLnVUaZcqW9IV+bTLIuamWS+XVKFcslYHLnxNcjcjnCA==" (Base64)

The Abcmint client does offer functionality to verify signatures like these, but the feature was apparently implemented incorrectly and only allows verifying messages signed with a private key in the user's own wallet. Thus, we instead publish code to verify this signature using the Abcmint codebase as well as our own Sage script:
    https://github.com/mkannwischer/breaking-abc

We hope this clears up any remaining doubts about the applicability of the attack to the Abcmint blockchain. Please inform us how to collect the promised $400,000.

Cheers,
Lorenz and Matthias

ToTheMars ABC

Jul 25, 2022, 4:43:43 AM7/25/22
to pqc-forum, bank...@gmail.com, pqc-forum, hy81...@gmail.com, gmax...@gmail.com, Matthias Kannwischer, Lorenz Panny, ToTheMars ABC
If you have any questions about abcmint being cracked, you can ask Jin Liu, the chairman of abcmint, and he will approve the authenticity of the crack instead of talking nonsense here. Here is Jin Liu's contact information:

abcmint Project Official Website:

s zhang

Dec 9, 2022, 8:02:05 AM12/9/22
to pqc-forum, abctot...@gmail.com, bank...@gmail.com, pqc-forum, hy81...@gmail.com, gmax...@gmail.com, Matthias Kannwischer, Lorenz Panny
Rainbow Signature has been proven to be vulnerable by many parties, but even so, do you still believe that your project is secure? And that is, since the rainbow and abc are cracked, abc project party should not fulfill the promise to pay the $400,000 cracking bonus?
Finally, you ABC project related people should be appropriate to stop it, this is a forum to discuss the pqc algorithm, not you speculators speculate on their own project place.