Enable signing in using other identity providers

gne...@redhat.com

Apr 11, 2018, 11:47:30 PM4/11/18
to dev
I do not know if this has been discussed before, but wouldn't it be more open and easy for users to login into hypothesis using existing Goolge, Facebook, Twitter or Github account?
Is it in plans? or already dropped?

robert...@hypothes.is

Apr 12, 2018, 12:43:18 AM4/12/18
to gne...@redhat.com, dev
Hi,

Social login is something we’ve discussed and we are planning to implement. ORCID and Google are the two main services we’ve had requests for from our users in scholarly publishing and education.

Kind Regards,
Rob

On 12 Apr 2018, at 04:47, gne...@redhat.com wrote:

I do not know if this has been discussed before, but wouldn't it be more open and easy for users to login into hypothesis using existing Goolge, Facebook, Twitter or Github account?
Is it in plans? or already dropped?

Stephan Alexander Henn

May 8, 2023, 7:22:04 AM5/8/23
to dev, robert...@hypothes.is, dev, gne...@redhat.com
Hi,
we would like to use hypothesis as a way to review pre-publication papers. SSO using ORCID would be our preferred choice :) What is the current status?
I've read that it is already applied by elife (https://info.orcid.org/elife-users-can-now-register-with-orcid-to-annotate-scientific-content-online/), and also found some documentation about applying as an authentication provider (https://h.readthedocs.io/en/latest/publishers/authorization-grant-tokens/) but nothing more :(
Yours,
Stephan Henn

Michael DiRoberts

May 8, 2023, 9:39:37 AM5/8/23