Is it possible to change the color of highlight annotation?

jiyuanz...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2018, 9:57:56 PM4/26/18
to dev
I searched for a while and browsed the settings, but i cannot find such settings related to changing highlight color. Could anyone tell me where it is? If you don't have this feature currently, please consider adding it! Thanks a lot!

Sebastian Karcher

Apr 27, 2018, 9:52:47 AM4/27/18
to jiyuanz...@gmail.com, dev
No, it's unfortunately not available. Jon has a proof-of-concept of this from a while back: https://web.hypothes.is/blog/do-it-yourself-anchoring-and-the-evolution-of-the-hypothesis-toolkit/ but I don't think it's been implemented anywhere.

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 9:57 PM, <jiyuanz...@gmail.com> wrote:
I searched for a while and browsed the settings, but i cannot find such settings related to changing highlight color. Could anyone tell me where it is? If you don't have this feature currently, please consider adding it! Thanks a lot!

Sebastian Karcher, PhD
www.sebastiankarcher.com

kat...@hypothes.is

Apr 27, 2018, 10:00:13 AM4/27/18
to dev, jiyuanz...@gmail.com
We don't have this feature yet, but we do want to add it in the future. We have an open issue for it in Github, which you can track here: https://github.com/hypothesis/product-backlog/issues/198

-Katelyn
Message has been deleted

Jon Udell

Apr 27, 2018, 12:09:30 PM4/27/18
to Sebastian Karcher, jiyuanz...@gmail.com, dev
 I don't think it's been implemented anywhere

Science in the Classrooom uses that technique: http://www.scienceintheclassroom.org/research-papers/out-africa-what-skin-color-tells-us-about-human-evolution. But it's an alternate way to display annotations, not a feature of the Hypothesis client.

Jon

Steel Wagstaff

Apr 27, 2018, 3:01:01 PM4/27/18
to d...@list.hypothes.is

If you have control over the CSS files loaded by the hosting site, you can simply change the color of the classes which control the color. We had an instructor who wanted highlights on their book to be darker, so we added this to the site's CSS file:

html .annotator-highlights-always-on .annotator-hl, .annotator-hl {
background-color: rgba(255, 255, 60, 0.5);
}

html .annotator-highlights-always-on .annotator-hl .annotator-hl, .annotator-hl .annotator-hl {
background-color: rgba(206, 206, 60, 0.6);
}

html .annotator-highlights-always-on .annotator-hl .annotator-hl .annotator-hl, .annotator-hl .annotator-hl .annotator-hl{
background-color: rgba(192, 192, 49, 0.7);
}

We just made these darker yellow (by changing the opacity of the color), but these rgba values could be anything. Probably not exactly what you're looking for, but perhaps helpful?

Message has been deleted

jaso...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2020, 11:41:35 AM2/21/20
to dev, jiyuanz...@gmail.com
t is possible using the Hypothesis bookmarklet, using some Javascript code.
javascript:(function(){var styleSheet = document.createElement("style"); styleSheet.type = "text/css"; styleSheet.innerText =`.hypothesis-highlight {background-color: rgba(255, 150, 255, 0.5) !important;}`; document.head.appendChild(styleSheet);window.hypothesisConfig=function(){return{showHighlights:true,appType:'bookmarklet'};};var d=document,s=d.createElement('script');s.setAttribute('src','https://hypothes.is/embed.js');d.body.appendChild(s)})();