Help with assets and embed.js missing

Thaissa Mendes

Sep 10, 2020, 9:13:40 PM9/10/20
to dev
Hello!

Before I ask my question, a bit of background:

I'm a php dev, with little python, and almost no nodejs knowledge. But Hypothesis is *the* thing we need, so, I had to give it a shot.

I was able to run it on my server. I didn't use docker (long story...). I installed all python modules, rabbit, made an external elasticsearch server, added nginx config based on what hypothesis' docker used, and several other things I'm forgetting to mention after a long day. Anyway, I was able to make it work, but something is missing. And it would be awesome if anybody could give me a light on what that is.

Two main problems: assets aren't loading, neither embed.js.

Maybe related to node? Maybe some python module missing? I checked everything, but my lack of xp on these two could have made me forget checking something.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Thaissa

Robert Knight

Sep 11, 2020, 3:35:47 AM9/11/20
to Thaissa Mendes, dev
Hello,

It looks like the assets haven't been built. This normally happens as part of the Docker image build process. While it is technically possible to run a production Hypothesis environment outside of Docker, that is not something we can provide support for.

Regards,
Robert.