LispNYC: When it rains, it torrents...

Arthur Smyles

Aug 26, 2021, 3:12:31 PM8/26/21
to lispnyc-...@meetup.com, li...@lispnyc.org
     I am pleased to announce that Bram Cohen and Richard Kiss will be
presenting ChiaLisp to LispNYC on Sept 14th at 6pm. This is an online
event, so to all our fellow Lispnycs out of town, read on.

     Chia Network develops a blockchain and smart transaction platform
created by the inventor of BitTorrent, Bram Cohen. It implements the
first new Nakamoto consensus algorithm since Bitcoin in 2008. Proofs of
Space and Time replace energy intensive “proofs of work.”

     Chialisp is Chia’s new on chain programming language that is
powerful, easy to audit, and secure. It will make cryptocurrency easier
to use than cash. Reference smart transactions currently available are:
Coloured coins, rate-limited wallets, and distributed identity wallets.

     To have Brahm Cohen with over 2 decades of experience in
distributed networks and Richard Kiss, the author of the first version
of the ChiaLisp Virtual Machine (CLVM), at the same time and place is an
opportunity you can't miss. Hit that RSVP ASAP!
https://www.meetup.com/LispNYC/events/275049987

     And on Sept 28th we will be having a second look at part 2 of
"Scheme to Dependent Types in 100 lines" by Gershom Bazerman (Part 1 is
here <https://youtu.be/N5Ny8EQmd9M>. Did you miss it? Remember to
subscribe and click notify so it doesn't happen again.)

Action items:

     1. ChiaLisp RSVP Deets ->
https://www.meetup.com/LispNYC/events/275049987
     2. Watch "Scheme to Dependent Types in 100 lines (Part 1)"
https://youtu.be/N5Ny8EQmd9M
    3. Like, Share, Subscribe and hit the bell while you're there
    4. Profit

Cryptocurrency, blockchain, and Smart contracts getting smarter with
Lisp! Let's GO!

Arthur