Very sad news about Avi Farah

Pierre de Lacaze

Apr 27, 2022, 1:24:06 PM4/27/22
to lispnyc-...@meetup.com, li...@lispnyc.org, Avi Farah (avi_farah@hotmail.com), Management LispNYC

Folks,

It is with a heavy heart that I share this very sad news. Our colleague Avi Farah passed away a few days ago as a result of a heart attack. He was 63 years old and leaves behind his loving wife Peggy Farah. Peggy reached out to me a few days ago to inform me of the tragic news.

Avi was truly a beautiful person who came to every LispNYC meetup and social gathering for many, many years. Avi was an intelligent, kind, pleasant and humble person who taught me a lot over the years. I always enjoyed our encounters and exchanges. He had a wonderful wealth of knowledge to share and truly appreciated our meetups and the kind of people they attracted.

Although I had left New York several years ago, Avi and I stayed in touch and communicated on Facebook.

For those of you who are interested, memorial services will be held this Sunday May 1st, 2022, 3pm – 7pm at Wynham Garden, 1076 Paterson Plank Road, North Bergen, NJ, 07047.

To leave a photo or remembrance, please visit Avi’s memorial website:

https://www.mykeeper.com/profile/AviFarah/

On behalf of LispNYC, our thoughts and prayers go out to his wife Peggy as well as his loved ones.

Avi, may you Rest in Peace, as you will truly be missed.

With much sorrow,

Pierre

Pierre de Lacaze
r...@lispnyc.org

P.S. For those of you who wish to reach out Avi’s wife Peggy, you can use Avi’s email: avi_...@hotmail.com

Jeff-Parker-and-Avi-Farah-2016.jpg
avi-farah-memorial.jpg

Arthur Smyles

Apr 28, 2022, 7:53:36 PM4/28/22
to Pierre de Lacaze, lispnyc-...@meetup.com, li...@lispnyc.org, Avi Farah (avi_farah@hotmail.com), Management LispNYC

I'm at a loss for words right now. My condolence to his family. He was a great guy. We had some great conversations. I'll be missing him at our meetings for some time to come.

Arthur

Zoe Braiterman

Apr 28, 2022, 8:55:01 PM4/28/22
to Arthur Smyles, Avi Farah (avi_farah@hotmail.com), Management LispNYC, Pierre de Lacaze, li...@lispnyc.org, lispnyc-...@meetup.com
I’m also very sad to hear this news. Sending my condolences to his family, as well.

Best,
Zoe
--
Zoe Braiterman
Consultant / Researcher

Heow Goodman

Apr 29, 2022, 12:54:11 PM4/29/22
to Zoe Braiterman, Arthur Smyles, Avi Farah (avi_farah@hotmail.com), Management LispNYC, Pierre de Lacaze, LispNYC, Lisp NYC Meeting
Agreed very sad news.

I never met him in person but I'm used to seeing his presence on just about every social platform when it comes to lisp.

Excuse the brevity,  sent from my phone: 917-825-2382