(concatenate 'string "Please" " " "take a moment to read")

100...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2019, 12:20:04 PM4/25/19
to general discussion

(print (format t "~@(~a~)" (concatenate 'string "for anyone into LISP" " - " "ever considered programming in Clojure?")))

Hi.  My name’s Michelle and I’m a technologist based in London.  I’m also a headhunter.  (print "please keep reading!")

Like me, my firm’s leadership team are all technologists and together we have coded, built and led teams in the past.  We’re trying to do recruitment differently because we know what being on the wrong side of a bad recruitment experience can be like, both as an applicant and a hiring manager.

My reason for reaching out to you is that I’m trying to help out one of my most favourite clients. The functional programming community is a hard one to crack, hence, please forgive the direct blast out to this group.

A few bullets about the company and their hiring needs:

  • Founded ~6 years ago, well-funded, multi-award winning firm whose software is live in many tier 1 investment banks
  • Offices in NY and London and continuing to grow rapidly
  • Super-smart highly educated team, all passionate about functional programming
  • Tech stack is Clojure (some Haskell) and Postgres on their back-end, ClojureScript / JavaScript on their visualisation / front ends
  • What makes them different?
    • People are smart, but not a hint of arrogance, in fact all very humble at all levels
    • Big focus on innovation, for one example, they are looking to use Interactive Theorem Provers to change the way they verify their software
    • Inspirational leadership
    • All unified around a common goal, no politics, flat structure, inclusive environment where learning is strongly encouraged
    • Trying to solve some hard problems (e.g. how to digitise business rules from natural language docs)
  • What are they looking for?
    • Senior engineers with a strong interest in functional programming
    • People who enjoy “getting stuff delivered”
    • People who are intellectually curious, like to learn new things and want to continually innovate
    • People who can provide oversight to more junior members of the team
  • And in return?
    • Great basic salary, bonus, equity and terrific coffee, exciting work and a fabulous team.  I’ve personally met folks from both the London and New York offices.  Genuinely decent bunch of technologist and we’re very proud to partner with them.  Good after work social scene too if that’s your thing.

Happy to share a lot more information if you might be interested

Regards

Michelle

(If there is a better distribution list I should use, please let me know.  The last thing I would want to do is alienate a technical community with an inappropriate email).

Dr Michelle Palmer

Founder & CEO

-

+44 (0)203 302 5251

-

www.thedifferenceengine.tech

Please take a moment to read our Privacy Notice