Judging Update

Heow Goodman

May 22, 2014, 9:36:15 PM5/22/14
to lisp-in-summer-pro...@lispnyc.org

Dear Participants, Judges and Sponsors,

We are nearing the end of the judging phase, earlier this month the top twelve projects as determined by the Language and Coding Judges were sent out to our six Finalist Judges who are Peter Norvig, Richard Gabriel, Rich Hickey, Matthias Felleisen, Taiichi Yuasa and Christian Queinnec.

These judges are currently reviewing the twelve projects to select the Grand Prize Winner.  We expect them to hear back from them by the end of the month and sincerely hope to be able to award the prizes in June.

We had a number of Coding and Language Judges cancel at the last minute and had some difficulty in finding suitable replacement judges.

It is extremely important to us that the project be judged fairly rather than awarding the prizes prematurely.

We deeply appreciate your efforts and patience while we complete the judging process.

Best regards,

Lisp In Summer Projects Organizers

Heow Goodman

May 22, 2014, 10:09:02 PM5/22/14
to lisp-in-summer-pro...@lispnyc.org

Hey guys, on a personal note I'd just like to say that I'm very impressed by what I've seen.  Yeah, I'd prefer if the process were faster but we are putting a lot of effort into ensuring each and every project is given it's full and complete dues.

It would have been made easier if, like in other programming competitions, there were a large number of obviously terrible projects.  With few exceptions, I feel nearly everyone is a winner ...but not everyone can take home a pony.  :-(

So yes, some very hard decisions are being made, but I'm personally elated at the consistent quality and quantity of effort put forth by nearly everyone involved!

Shivansh Srivastava

May 23, 2014, 3:37:02 PM5/23/14
to Heow Goodman, lisp-in-summer-pro...@lispnyc.org
Sir what about Tshirts even we didn't got participation Tshirts. Please Sir atleast provide some information on this topic so that participants may get at least a Tshirt.

Heow Goodman

May 23, 2014, 4:08:15 PM5/23/14
to lisp-in-summer-pro...@lispnyc.org, Heow Goodman
Yes, we haven't forgotten anything!  T-shirts are to be mailed out to everybody who submitted a project.  They're already printed and look great: Hanes, quality cotton, grey and hand-printed by a local artisan.

- h
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to lisp-in-summer-projects-2013-discuss+unsubscribe@lispnyc.org.