Project Status

Inaimathi

Aug 25, 2013, 10:16:04 PM8/25/13
to lisp-in-summer-pro...@lispnyc.org
Hey everyone. I thought I'd post an update on progress so far.

I'm Inaimathi (registered as Leo Zovic for the contest), and my goal is to build a web-based playtesting/prototyping tool for tabletop card and board games. That's the main thing I'm putting effort into, though I understand I'll be able to submit other projects that I've only worked on for the duration of the contest. It's at the point where I have something playable together, so ...

You can find the codebase here, the full write-up on progress and thoughts here and a running instance here. Let me know what you think, and post issues you find if you like.

I'd also like to know where others are at with their projects, so share status if you can.

Heow Goodman

Aug 27, 2013, 9:12:34 PM8/27/13
to lisp-in-summer-pro...@lispnyc.org
Impressive!

Although it's not exactly playable for me (right now) even in a broken state you've successfully implemented a nice real-time chat system.  Combined with your day-by-day details and thoughts, it's an overall great project.  I'm interested in playing this for purely fun reasons too!

Additionally I personally approve of your design decisions: clean and concise, we need more of you.

- h

Inaimathi

Aug 28, 2013, 1:57:28 PM8/28/13
to lisp-in-summer-pro...@lispnyc.org
Thanks for the kind words :)

Would it be possible to get some details on its non-playability? Are there browser issues you're hitting, or is there a feature that's missing, but required for a game you want to play? Or something else?

-Leo

Heow Goodman

Sep 5, 2013, 11:27:51 AM9/5/13
to Inaimathi, lisp-in-summer-pro...@lispnyc.org
Actually it's working! ...probably was a browser issue.

Can't wait to try it out for a real game.

- h
> <https://github.com/Inaimathi/deal>, the full write-up on
> progress and thoughts here
> <http://langnostic.blogspot.ca/2013/08/deal-journal-part-one.html>
> and a running instance here
> <http://deal.inaimathi.ca/static/index.html>. Let me know what
> you think, and post issues you find
> <https://github.com/Inaimathi/deal/issues/new> if you like.
>
> I'd also like to know where others are at with their projects,
> so share status if you can.

Inaimathi

Sep 7, 2013, 10:33:11 PM9/7/13
to lisp-in-summer-pro...@lispnyc.org, Inaimathi
Heh. I think you were possibly hitting the encoding depth bug I ended up killing a while ago.

Lots of changes have been made since last time. Next part of the journal here, the github repo has been updated repeatedly, and the latest build is still up here.

Inaimathi

Sep 29, 2013, 8:39:20 PM9/29/13
to lisp-in-summer-pro...@lispnyc.org, Inaimathi
Right, I noticed that there's a bunch of questions about what exactly the deadline is and how much extra time we get as a result.

I'm back to work tomorrow (it being Monday), so I won't even get to work up to the notional deadline of Sep 30. I do plan to continue development on my project though, so to make it easy on the judges, my repo is tagged for the LISP contest. Anything after that tag is new work, so don't bother judging it.

The finale of my step-by-step journal has been posted, though I'm still probably going to do a reflections piece in a few days.

Finally, the latest code is still up and running here.

Heow Goodman

Sep 30, 2013, 1:43:48 PM9/30/13
to lisp-in-summer-pro...@lispnyc.org, Inaimathi
Thanks, we'll be firing up the submission form shortly!   Due to the ambiguity, you'll have up to 3 weeks to submit your project and describe it in detail.

- h

Bastien

Oct 1, 2013, 4:07:33 AM10/1/13
to Heow Goodman, lisp-in-summer-pro...@lispnyc.org, Inaimathi
Hi Heow,

Heow Goodman <he...@lispnyc.org> writes:

> Thanks, we'll be firing up the submission form shortly! Due to the
> ambiguity, you'll have up to 3 weeks to submit your project and
> describe it in detail.

My understanding was that competitors can submit several projects,
is that the case?

Thanks for your time,

--
Bastien

Heow Goodman

Oct 1, 2013, 7:42:43 AM10/1/13
to lisp-in-summer-pro...@lispnyc.org
Yes, you may submit more than one, but you still only get one T-shirt. :-)

- h

Bastien

Oct 1, 2013, 9:45:38 AM10/1/13
to Heow Goodman, lisp-in-summer-pro...@lispnyc.org
Heow Goodman <he...@lispnyc.org> writes:

> Yes, you may submit more than one, but you still only get one
> T-shirt. :-)

Great, thanks. One t-shirt is enough :)

--
Bastien