Exact Deadline?

tj

Sep 27, 2013, 11:27:02 AM9/27/13
to lisp-in-summer-pro...@lispnyc.org
Hi List,
what is the exact deadline for project submission?

Monday 30th of September at what time (I'm in Germany, e.g.)?

Thanks in ahead

Heow Goodman

Sep 27, 2013, 2:30:12 PM9/27/13
to lisp-in-summer-pro...@lispnyc.org
Project submission goes between Oct 1st through Oct 24th:

Oct 1st Project Submission starts
Oct 24th Project Submission ends

All dates are GMT.

- h

Sergii Dymchenko

Sep 27, 2013, 6:19:50 PM9/27/13
to lisp-in-summer-pro...@lispnyc.org
Does the rule "Development must be done between June 24th and Sept 30th, 2013." still apply?

How will you check that? Github doesn't show push time, and it's not too hard to make it look that a file was created long time ago.

Sergii.

Chip Collier

Sep 27, 2013, 6:37:44 PM9/27/13
to Sergii Dymchenko, lisp-in-summer-pro...@lispnyc.org

Accept on good faith that people will follow the rules?

Abhinav Jauhri

Sep 27, 2013, 6:45:43 PM9/27/13
to Chip Collier, Sergii Dymchenko, lisp-in-summer-pro...@lispnyc.org
Given that the submission span is between October 1 and October 24, I interpret it as - submissions can be made on any of those dates and changes can be made until you don't submit. If that is not true, what is the need to have 3 weeks open just for submissions?

Thanks!

- Abhinav Jauhri

Sergii Dymchenko

Sep 27, 2013, 6:50:53 PM9/27/13
to lisp-in-summer-pro...@lispnyc.org
It's just doesn't make too much sense to me to have such a long submission time and don't allow development during this time.

Some of the info in the rules is not consistent already (the rules currently say "Oct 21: winners announced" and "Oct 24th Project Submission ends").
That's why I asked if the rule "Development must be done between June 24th and Sept 30th, 2013." still apply (and pointed to _technical_ problems to force the rule).

Sergii.

tj

Sep 28, 2013, 7:10:42 AM9/28/13
to lisp-in-summer-pro...@lispnyc.org, Chip Collier, Sergii Dymchenko
Indeed, I find the current rules quite confusing too and would still be in need of an authorative answer to the question:

"Does development has to stop at monday 30th 20:00 GMT?"

Or is it possible/allowed to continue development and documentation till Oct 24th, i.e. until submission deadline?

Cheers
Thorsten

- Abhinav Jauhri

> For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/a/lispnyc.org/groups/opt_out.

Thorsten Jolitz

Sep 28, 2013, 7:31:24 AM9/28/13
to lisp-in-summer-pro...@lispnyc.org
ups, the question should have been:

"Does development has to stop at monday 30th 24:00 GMT?"

of course.

I suppose 'summertime shift' is not accounted for, so Germany would be GMT+2h at the moment?

Cheers
Thorsten