Virgin Media TV Anywhere streaming on linux?

Dáire Fagan

Mar 15, 2020, 5:21:59 PM3/15/20
to ILUG
Has anyone managed to get the Virgin Media TV Anywhere service streaming successfully on linux? If so could you please share how.

vm error.png

vm error.png

Donal Hunt

Mar 15, 2020, 5:31:53 PM3/15/20
to Dáire Fagan, ILUG
I haven't looked at it in years but they relied on the Widevine DRM plugins at one point to protect the content. Widevine has been an issue for Linux users for many years (little to no support).

Not sure what they are using these days.

--
Irish Linux Users Group
---

Dáire Fagan

Mar 15, 2020, 5:54:48 PM3/15/20
to Donal Hunt, ILUG
Thanks for input.

And then confirmed:

image.png
but I am a still receiving the same error.