Unplanned outage: Portland Pittock MPLS router 2021-09-22 23:07-Ongoing

Richard Hicks

Sep 23, 2021, 2:57:21 AM9/23/21
to Link Oregon Outages List
Link Oregon is currently investing issues with one of the "P" routers at our Portland Pittock POP.

Backbone circuits are currently down to from the Pittock to Corvallis and Hermiston, but
traffic is routing via alternative paths.

Engineers will continue to investigate and possibly establish additional work arounds if need.

Please contact the NOC if you have questions or concerns:

--
Richard Hicks
Link Oregon Networking

Richard Hicks

Sep 23, 2021, 10:58:34 AM9/23/21
to Link Oregon Outages List
Backbone circuits from Portland to Corvallis and Hermiston have been restored on
a redundant  router.  Link Oregon is in the process of getting a replacement for the
failed “P” router.

Once the failed router has been replaced, we will migrate circuits back to the
original state.

Timeline for the replacement router is TBD.

Please contact the NOC if you have questions or concerns:

Richard Hicks

Sep 24, 2021, 12:45:24 PM9/24/21
to Link Oregon Outages List
Link Oregon will migrate the Corvallis and Hermiston circuits back to the primary
router tonight starting at 5pm.  The failed equipment was successfully replaced
yesterday afternoon.

Traffic will shift to alternative paths during the maintenance window and we expect
no impact to customers.

Please contact the NOC if you have questions or concerns: