Spend 4th of July in Oyster Bay - Free Concert and Vegetable Orchestra

Christopher Judge

Jun 17, 2022, 4:06:38 PM6/17/22
to lilibr...@lilrc.org
Free Concert and Vegetable Orchestra
July 4, 12:00 – 4:00 PM

This event follows the Oyster Bay 4th of July parade. Enjoy free admission to a 12:00 pm concert by the Oyster Bay Music Festival, a classical music festival featuring highly talented and prize-winning young artists, ages 16-26.

The open-house with self-guided tours of the education center begins at 1:00, ending at 4:00 pm. We will serve free ice cream and refreshments. Also, the family favorite Vegetable Orchestra returns to our garden, with playable instruments made from common vegetables!

Rejoicing a return to live music this summer, OBMF brings musical 'fireworks' for a second concert at Raynham Hall Museum, featuring American favorites such as tunes by Scott Joplin, Duke Ellington, Leonard Bernstein, and Billy Joel. OBMF concerts feature gifted young musicians, who study at Juilliard, Yale School of Music, Eastman School of Music, San Francisco Conservatory, and New England Conservatory, among others. Often more seasoned professionals will join in the fun for a performance or two. Audience favorites such as the Zandieh Trio from Oyster Bay, pianist Maxim Lando, winner of the prestigious Young Concert Artists Competition, and award-winning Ukranian flutist Denis Savelyev will return this season.

Come join us to share in the magic!

--
Christopher Judge