Librarian I - Position Available - Roswell P. Flower Memorial Library

Dawn Vincent

May 11, 2022, 4:05:27 PM5/11/22
to Long Island Librarians and Staff

Roswell P. Flower Memorial Library - Librarian I

*FILING FEE: * A NON-REFUNDABLE APPLICATION FEE OF $15 MUST ACCOMPANY YOUR APPLICATION* Check or money order payable to City Comptroller accepted. Include examination number on your check. Credit cards are accepted for online payments. See general instructions regarding exceptions to the fee requirement. Applicants whose personal checks are returned for insufficient funds will be charged an additional fee.

LAST FILING DATE: Applications must be received no later than close of business (4:30 PM) May 26, 2022.

VACANCIES: The list will be used to fill vacancies as they occur at the Roswell P. Flower Memorial Library.

SALARY: $48,302 - $60,438

RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT: There is no residency requirement for this examination.

DUTIES OF THE POSITION: This position involves responsibility for basic level librarian duties. The Librarian I may serve as the head of a functional area of the library such as Teen Space, Genealogy, or the Children’s area. Employees in this class are expected to perform specific applications of professional duties under the general supervision of the Library Director. Performs related work as required . A complete job description is available from the Civil Service Commission.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A Master’s Degree in Library Science from a library that is accredited by the American Library Association. These requirements must be met on or before the date of the exam.

Salary and Benefits: $48,302-$60,438 NYS retirement and optional health, vision, and dental insurance

How to apply: https://watertown-portal.mycivilservice.com/exams

About the library: Flower Memorial Library is located in Watertown NY and serves a population of over 24,000 citizens.

Link to the job on the library's website: https://www.flowermemoriallibrary.org/we-are-hiring/