Lndroid.Daemon lnd wrapper for Android

Artur Brugeman

Nov 25, 2019, 12:31:31 AM11/25/19
to lnd
Hi, here is a lnd mobile wrapper library for Android that should simplify it's use. I got some positive feedback on lnd slack channel and so decided to add the announcement to this non-transient mailing list as well.

Feedback and contributions are welcome.
--
Artur

Johan T. Halseth

Nov 26, 2019, 9:11:54 AM11/26/19
to Artur Brugeman, lnd
That looks awesome!

The autogenerated mobile lnd APIs are indeed quite low-level, so
something like this is very cool :)

Maybe they can be autogenerated from the protos? That would make the
easier to keep up-to-date with master.

- Johan

Artur Brugeman

Nov 26, 2019, 12:23:36 PM11/26/19
to lnd
Hi Johan,

Thanks, happy to hear you find it useful.

That's right, I've written the current version by hand, but it
definitely deserves to be auto-generated from proto files, both to
avoid errors and to keep things up-to-date. That's on my roadmap.

--
Artur

On Tuesday, November 26, 2019 at 5:11:54 PM UTC+3, halseth wrote:
That looks awesome!

The autogenerated mobile lnd APIs are indeed quite low-level, so
something like this is very cool :)

Maybe they can be autogenerated from the protos? That would make the
easier to keep up-to-date with master.

- Johan

Dario Sneidermanis

Nov 30, 2019, 3:22:32 PM11/30/19
to Artur Brugeman, lnd
Great effort!

You might want to have a look at https://www.lightningj.org/. It's kept super up to date, and it might be useful either as a dependency, to avoid having to deal with the proto files yourself, or to take ideas as to how to autogenerate the code.

Artur Brugeman

Dec 2, 2019, 3:25:34 AM12/2/19
to lnd, brugema...@gmail.com
Thanks a lot, LightningJ looks useful too!

I guess it deserves it's own thread on this mailing list, so if you're close to the project it probably makes sense to announce it here, so that people like me could discover it.