Let's Encrypt client 0.2.0 released

Brad Warren

Jan 14, 2016, 9:49:25 PM1/14/16
to clien...@letsencrypt.org
Version 0.2.0 of the Let's Encrypt client has just been uploaded to PyPI.
New features in this release include:

* Apache plugin support for non-Debian based systems. Support has been
added for modern Red Hat based systems such as Fedora 23, Red Hat 7,
and CentOS 7 running Apache 2.4. In theory, this plugin should be
able to be configured to run on any Unix-like OS running Apache 2.4.
* Relaxed PyOpenSSL version requirements. This adds support for systems
with PyOpenSSL versions 0.13 or 0.14.
* Resolves issues with the Apache plugin enabling an HTTP to HTTPS
redirect on some systems.
* Improved error messages from the client.

In addition to these changes, there were many other small bug fixes and
enhancements. For a more complete list of changes, see:

https://github.com/letsencrypt/letsencrypt/issues?q=is%3Aissue+milestone%3A0.2.0

To see the issues we will be working on for our next release, see:

https://github.com/letsencrypt/letsencrypt/issues?q=is%3Aissue+milestone%3A0.2.1