Certbot 0.9.0 Released

Skip to the first unread message

Brad Warren

5 Oct 2016, 13:46:0205/10/2016
to clien...@letsencrypt.org
We have just released Certbot 0.9.0. This is easily the biggest Certbot
update since our initial release. Included in this release is:

* An alpha version of the Nginx plugin. This plugin fully automates the
process of obtaining and installing certificates with Nginx.
Additionally, it is able to automatically configure security
enhancements such as an HTTP to HTTPS redirect and OCSP stapling. To use
this plugin, you must have the `certbot-nginx` package installed (which
is installed automatically when using `certbot-auto`) and provide
`--nginx` on the command line. This plugin is still in its early stages
so we recommend you use it with some caution and make sure you have a
backup of your Nginx configuration.
* Support for the `DNS` challenge in the `acme` library as well as `DNS`
support in Certbot's `manual` plugin. This allows you to create DNS
records to prove to Let's Encrypt you control the requested the domain
name. To use this feature, include `--manual --preferred-challenges dns`
on the command line.
* Help with enabling Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux (EPEL) on
CentOS 6 when using `certbot-auto`. To use `certbot-auto` on CentOS 6,
the EPEL repository has to be enabled. `certbot-auto` will now prompt
users asking them if they would like the script to enable this for them
automatically. This is done without prompting users when using
`letsencrypt-auto` or if `-n/--non-interactive/--noninteractive` is
included on the command line.

To see a complete list of changes in this release, see our `0.9.0`
milestone on GitHub:

https://github.com/certbot/certbot/issues?q=is%3Aissue+milestone%3A0.9.0+is%3Aclosed