Client Version 0.5.0

Brad Warren

Apr 5, 2016, 10:25:08 PM4/5/16
to clien...@letsencrypt.org
Version 0.5.0 of the Let's Encrypt client has just been released. Some
of the new features included in this release are:

* The ability to use the webroot plugin interactively.
* The flags --pre-hook, --post-hook, and --renew-hook which can be used
with the renew subcommand to register shell commands to run in
response to renewal events. Pre-hook commands will be run before
any certs are renewed, post-hook commands will be run after any
certs are renewed, and renew-hook commands will be run after each
cert is renewed. If no certs are due for renewal, no command is run.
* Cleaner renewal configuration files. In /etc/letsencrypt/renewal by
default, these files can be used to control what parameters are used
when renewing a specific certificate.
* A -q/--quiet flag which silences all output except errors.
* An --allow-subset-of-domains flag which can be used with the renew
command to prevent renewal failures for a subset of the requested
domains from causing the client to exit.

A complete list of changes can be found at:

https://github.com/letsencrypt/letsencrypt/issues?q=milestone%3A0.5.0+is%3Aissue

Sebastian

Apr 13, 2016, 3:59:29 AM4/13/16
to Brad Warren, clien...@letsencrypt.org
Hi,

On 04/06/2016 04:25 AM, Brad Warren wrote:
> * The flags --pre-hook, --post-hook, and --renew-hook which can be used
> with the renew subcommand to register shell commands to run in
> response to renewal events. Pre-hook commands will be run before
> any certs are renewed, post-hook commands will be run after any
> certs are renewed, and renew-hook commands will be run after each
> cert is renewed. If no certs are due for renewal, no command is run.
Can these parameters be configured in the config file at
/etc/letsencrypt/renewal?
Do the scripts get any parameters (common names, path, etc)?

The only information I could find in the docs are these:
https://letsencrypt.readthedocs.org/en/latest/man/letsencrypt.html?highlight=pre-hook

Sebastian

--
python programming - mail server - photo - video - https://sebix.at
cryptographic key at https://sebix.at/DC9B463B.asc and on public keyservers

signature.asc

Peter Eckersley

Apr 13, 2016, 1:22:59 PM4/13/16
to Sebastian, Brad Warren, Let's Encrypt Client Development
The main documentation for the flags can be found by running the client with "--help renew" (or "--help all").  It should be possible to set them from a config file.  Currently --renew-hook gets extra parameters (via environment variables) but mostly for implementation reasons --pre-hook and --post-hook do not at the moment.  Please file a github issue with any parameter/hook combinations you need and we'll investigate adding them in future releases.

Peter