Save the date: LCFD Spring Camp, June 9-11, 2023

René Meade

Nov 17, 2022, 8:03:05 PM11/17/22
to LCFD-Announce
LCFD is thrilled to announce the return of in-person camp programming in 2023, with a dance weekend on June 9–11. Continuing a decades-long tradition, the weekend will feature Contra Dancing, English Country Dancing, workshops, crafts, and social time with a warm community of LGBTQ+ and allied dancers and friends.

This year's camp will be in a new venue, the beautiful Pinewoods Camp in Plymouth, MA. Pinewoods has been a home for folk dancing for over a century, and boasts open-air dance pavilions, comfortable rustic cabins and houses, two clear-water lakes for swimming and boating, a dining hall with views over the water, and a cozy camphouse for gatherings.

All dancing at LCFD camps is gender free, with no gendered terms used in teaching and calling. The strength of our community is in its diversity, and people of all genders, sexual orientations, ages, abilities, and levels of dance experience are encouraged to come and bring their whole selves to the event.

Registration will open in the early spring. We hope you will join us!