Janet Dillon - Celebration of Life - Saturday July 8

Peter Rivard

Jul 3, 2023, 9:41:14 AM7/3/23
to LCFD General Announcements via LCFD-Announce
Dear LCFD community,

As many of you may know, Janet Dillon, a longtime member of our community, passed away in January.  Janet contributed a great deal to LCFD and our dance camps, including serving as treasurer for several years, and to the Jamaica Plain dance, as an organizer and regular attendee.  We miss the fun-loving spirit and inclusiveness she brought to dancing, singing, and life!

This coming Saturday, July 8, there will be a celebration of Janet’s life in Jamaica Plain, organized by Janet’s daughter, Ani. Here is the Evite.  Janet’s family, former co-workers, friends, and members of the LCFD community are invited.  Because this is all about Janet, there will be a few contra dances and singing of a few of Janet’s favorite songs.

Here are the details:

  • Saturday, July 8, 4:00-9:00 PM
  • Location: Spontaneous Celebrations, 45 Danforth St., Jamaica Plain, MA https://www.spontaneouscelebrations.org/
  • Food will be provided by Community Servings, where Janet worked for many years
  • Contra dancing, led by Chris Ricciotti, will be (approximately) in the 5-6PM hour
  • A small pickup band will provide music for the dances. If you’d like to bring an instrument and play a few dance tunes, contact Peter Rivard ri...@comcast.net
Conveniently, the last Jamaica Plain contra dance of the season is Saturday evening, July 8, 7:30-10:30 PM.  It will be easy to go from Janet’s celebration to the dance, just over a mile away, so if you are in the area, please think about attending both.

Peter Rivard