Eleanor Cresson, in Memoriam

Peg Hall

Sep 26, 2021, 10:42:10 AM9/26/21
to lcfd-a...@lcfd.org

Fellow dancers,

It is with great sadness that I share the news that Eleanor Cresson has died.  Her final illness lasted over 3 years, but it is never truly enough time to prepare.  A few of us were able to join in a Celebration of her Life in mid August while she was still with us to Celebrate, sing (masked, or hum along carefully) share memories, photos, food, and love.  Even a waltz or two.  The date of that Celebration kept changing as Covid altered plans again and again.  But she continued to hope and to plan.  And it happened!  And on 9/25 – one of the dates we had thought we would gather, she left us.  We are sad.  We are happy for release from pain.  We are happy to have known her, loved her, and been loved by her and to have shared our joy of dancing with her for so many years.

In some of her own words:  “-- Part of what has happened to me over the years is that at some points in my life, I would be so filled with joy that I would break into song--mostly girl  scout songs, and as I got knocked around by life, that joy filled part of me became submerged. The dynamism and enthusiasm that I used to have got lost for a while, but Coming out and contra dancing were ways that I reclaimed my joy.

Rest in Peace.

Peg Hall

Peg Hall

Sep 26, 2021, 10:54:10 AM9/26/21
to lcfd-a...@lcfd.org

Sorry.  I always wish folks would include a photo in such announcements, especially for dancers I probably know, but names?  Well, you know.  So see attached.

Peg

EleanorCresson.jpg

Murphy Michael J

Sep 26, 2021, 8:00:44 PM9/26/21
to lcfd-a...@lcfd.org, PegHa...@att.net
Thank you for sharing this...Eleanor was a delight and will be missed...sigh...

Michael

Sep 26, 2021, 8:00:44 PM9/26/21
to PegHa...@att.net, lcfd-a...@lcfd.org
Dear fellow dancers,
I am so sorry to hear the news about Eleanor.  I have been out of the dance community for a while, but I remember Eleanor very warmly.  She exuded grace, kindness and humor.
With sadness, yet peace, I send you all a hug, especially one for Eleanor.
Joanna Sharf