24th Annual Autumn Harvest Ball - Saturday, November 12th, 2022

Christopher Ricciotti

Oct 24, 2022, 7:56:11 AM10/24/22
to lcfd-a...@lcfd.org
24th Annual Autumn Harvest Ball
Saturday, November 12th, 2022

Friends and dancers of the Vintage Dance, finally after 2 years of absence due to COVID-19, we at the Boston Gender-Free Contra dance series are finally hosting our annual Autumn Harvest Ball!

Location is the 1st Church of Jamaica Plain - Unitarian-Universalist
6 Eliot Street (across from the Monument)
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130

Our evening MCs and callers will be Chris Ricciotti & Tony Parkes. The band will be Spare Parts, with musicians Liz Stell on Flute, Eric Buddington on Fiddle and Bill Matthiesen on Piano. The music is outstanding for this special event!

Program:
(Because of COVID restrictions we will not be hosting the Pot Luck Dinner this year - we hope to bring this back next year).
7:00pm Waltzing for All!
7:30pm Ball Begins with a Grand March
9:15pm or so Break with refreshments and some baked goods
Dance ends at 11:15pm.

We request for this dance that attendees come in festive or colorful, formal or period style attire as is comfortable for you. And since this will be a "Maked Ball" (due to COVID restriction), consider something festive for a mask that would complement your attire! We might as well have fun with this!  Also please be prepared to show your COVID19 Vaccine and booster cards when you arrive.

MORE INFO ABOUT THIS EVENT:
This is our special once a year re-creation of a Victorian style ball, complete with delightful decorations, dance cards, a wonderful band, and refreshments. This is a vintage style ball that gives us an opportunity to dance the history of the New England dance figures that have been a part of what make up our dances today, including Contras, Quadrilles (Square dances), mixers, various couple dances and a even a parlor game!

Also during this evening dance, we get to share a bit of the rich and hidden history of queer folk who would have fallen on the modern day LGBTQIA spectrum back in Victorian times, who also danced these figures, sharing their stories, photos, and the dances themselves.

As with all of our programs, all dances will be taught, and no partner is needed to attend. There will be a variety of dances for both new comers and experienced folks alike! It's a relaxed, exciting, friendly and entertaining evening of community dancing at it's best!

TO RESERVE TICKETS OR WORK EXCHANGE:
Admission is $15 if you reserve in advance, or $18 at the door. Students are $7. We also have reduced rates available for work exchange to help with decorating before the ball, and clean up during and at the end of the ball. We will not turn anyone away on ability to pay.

To reserve your tickets now for a lower cost, or to request work exchange, or for any questions you have about this upcoming event, please reply here, or send an email to Chris Ricciotti at Ricc...@aol.com, or you can also send a text to 339-204-7644. When you email or text, please be sure to give the first and last names of yourself and/or each person in your party so ensure their names will be on the reservation list when you arrive.

We are thrilled to be hosting this event again, and hope many of you will come out to join us! Thanks!
2022 Main Flyer (Harvest Ball).pdf