LCFD Digital Vote Coming Up

Liz Burkhart

Sep 29, 2021, 1:41:08 PM9/29/21
to lcfd-a...@lcfd.org
Hello, all! It's been so long since Lavender Country and Folk Dancers have had an annual meeting or a vote. Technically, the vote should occur at an annual meeting, but we've been reluctant to have a Zoom call as our meeting while we've been unable to dance. The board has decided to go ahead with digital voting for the first time, using SoGoSurvey, which was how we asked questions of you about comfort in returning to dancing. This time around, we will have a vote on some changes to the bylaws, and a new board. We don't quite have our slate of candidates ready yet, but you can view the proposed bylaws changes as a google doc here, or see the attached image. Voting will happen via an individualized survey link (one vote per link) that is forthcoming. The voting period is October 13 - October 22.

Those who are eligible to vote are people who attended any camp in 2018 or 2019, and in addition anyone who opts in. The list we have for email addresses of campers in 2018 or 2019 may not be complete, so if you are uncertain of whether you attended camp or if your email address changed, please reply to me ( burkha...@gmail.com ) and I will sort it out. Likewise, if you'd like to opt in, email me. This is a departure from how we have normally voted. We need a way not only to vote while we are physically apart due to the coronavirus pandemic, but also into the future so that we can include all interested parties, rather than just who shows up to the camp where an annual meeting is held. If you're interested in details, you can read through the proposed bylaws changes. Also feel free to send any general questions to in...@lcfd.org . I'm happy to answer any questions about voting this year at burkha...@gmail.com .

Thank you!
Liz Burkhart
(she/her)
imgBylawsChanges.png