Labor Day Camping Trip

Jeff Dusenberry

Jul 9, 2024, 9:50:44 PMJul 9
to lcfd-a...@lcfd.org
Hello fellow dancers!

Each Labor Day weekend for many years (with the exception of 2020) a group of us from the LCFD community have joined together for a camping trip. I'd like to invite interested folks from the community to join us for this year's trip - we'll be staying at Coolidge State Park in Plymouth, VT, https://vtstateparks.com/coolidge.html from Friday evening through Monday morning (Aug. 30- Sept. 2).

We will be tent camping, and sharing meals cooked at the campsite, mostly on an open fire. It is not completely primitive - the park has flush toilets and hot showers. We are limiting this to 12 people on-site, first-come, first-served. About 6 people are currently signed up for this year’s trip. We also invite people to join us for daytime activities or shared meals, even if you don't plan to camp. For campers, expenses are shared (campsite, meals, firewood, etc).

Daytime activities typically include local hikes, checking out historic sites or other tourist attractions, festivals, just hanging out at the campsite making music (bring instruments!), or dancing, if we have enough people.

If you'd like to join us, or would like more information, please let me know (je...@dusenberry.org).

Jeff