[LCFD-announce] FINAL INVITE for the 25th Annual Autumn Harvest Ball - Saturday Evening November 11th, 7pm - 11pm.

'Christopher Ricciotti' via LCFD-Announce

Nov 10, 2023, 10:08:12 AM11/10/23
to JP Organizers, LCFD
PLEASE NOTE THERE ARE SOME CHANGES:

Tony Parkes sadly cannot join us this year because of some health issues he needs to work with.  We are wishing him well and will miss him!

We will not be doing decorations this year, so we will not be looking for volunteers for this, HOWEVER, we could still use help with the dessert pot luck set up.  For that, please be in contact with our food coordinator, Taiward Wider.  You can reach Taiward by email at:  twrdw...@gmail.com.

Come join us for

The 25th Annual Gender-Free

Autumn Harvest Ball!

 We are getting ready again for this fabulous once-a-year Grand Event for our dance community!  Tickets are now ready to reserve. This is our community’s re-creation of a fun, playful, queer Victorian-era ball, with a program of lively smooth and elegant classic New England contras, quadrilles, mixers, couple dances and even parlor games, from 1790 to about 1920. As with all our dances, all figures will be taught, and everyone is welcome.

DATE, TIME & LOCATION & ADMISSION:

Saturday, November 11th, 2023  7:00pm - 11:00pm (details below)

1st Church of Jamaica Plain (Unitarian Universalist), corner of Centre and Eliot Streets in Jamaica Plain (Boston), MA.

Tickets: Reserve ahead of time $18.00, at the door $22.00.  Students $7.00.

To reserve tickets, email Chris Ricciotti: Ricc...@aol.com or text at 207-382-8300

Kids under 12 - Free!  No one is turned away on ability to pay.  If you have a need for a reduced rate, place contact Chris, or see the person at the admissions table when you arrive.

ATTACHED IS A FLYER FOR THIS EVENT.  PLEASE POST AND SEND ALONG TO FRIENDS!

PROGRAM OF EVENTS:

7:00pm – 7:25pm:  Waltzing

7:30pm – 11:00pm: Harvest Ball (with Decadent Pot Luck Dessert!)

Masks are required for this event, however may be removed briefly while eating.  Weather permitting and for public health reasons, we encourage desserts to be consumed outdoors on the porch and steps.  Please review the JP dance website for more details on our COVID Policies at https://www.lcfd.org/jp.html

If you have been before, we welcome you to join us again for this lovely event. But if you haven't been before, here are some details:

Changes to this year’s event:

We are asking for people to bring homemade desserts for the dessert pot luck, preferably finger food.  Please bring these to the kitchen when you arrive so we can set them up during the break in the ball program.  We are still not ready to return to having the pot luck dinner beforehand.  Perhaps next year.

VOLUNTEER HELP NEEDED: If you can help with the dessert potluck table set up and take down, that would be awesome!   Please contact Taiward Wider at  twrdw...@gmail.com if you can help out.

THE TOTALLY DELICOUS DECADENT DESSERT POTLUCK!
Halfway through the ball program, we have an extended break to enjoy a decadent array of delicious homemade dessert goodies, made by you!  Finger food is advised for dessert.  Volunteer help is always appreciated to help set up and then break down the dessert arrangement afterwards.  For food ideas or questions, contact Taiward Wider at  twrdw...@gmail.com.

WALTZING BEFORE THE BALL
Please plan to arrive and be ready to dance at 7:00pm.  You will be greeted by the music of the amazing band for this evening’s event.  It's a relaxed and lovely way to start the evening.  Ask anyone to dance, and join in.  If you are new to waltzing, we have plenty of experienced dancers who can help you.

THE MUSIC AND THE MASTERS OF CEREMONY
Music for this evening is absolutely delightful.  We are very honored to again have Spare Parts as our band: Bill Matthiesen on piano, Liz Stell on flute, and Eric Buddington on fiddle. Chris Ricciotti will be your Harvest Ball MC & caller for this year's event.

SO WHAT DO I WEAR?
We get this question each year.  This event is open to everyone, and for this special once a year event, we encourage attendees to wear something festive or colorful, or formal, or if you have it, period attire, but we do not have fashion police on the premises (and if you see someone dressed uniform, it is because it is their chosen attire for the evening!)  We want everyone to have a good time, and we want you to be comfortable.  Dancing will be lively, but elegant, and we'll be providing a more relaxed program as compared to our usual contra dance evenings, so if you decide to gussy up, the style of dances on the program will be comfortable for anyone wearing formal or period attire.

CONTACT INFO FOR TICKET RESERVATIONS, TO VOLUNTEER, FOOD QUESTIONS OR IDEAS ON WHAT TO WEAR:
To reserve your tickets now and for any questions, please email Chris Ricciotti at Ricc...@aol.com, or contact him by phone or text at (207) 382-8300.  You can also reserve tickets ahead of time at our Facebook page at  https://www.facebook.com/groups/70578940397, and say register yourself as attending on the Harvest Ball Blurb.  Tickets are $18.00 if you reserve before the ball, and $22.00 at the door.  Students are $7.00 and volunteers can get in for a reduced price or free admission if you need it. Kids under 12 are free.

We look forward to another wonderful ball this year, and we look forward to seeing you there!   Spread the word, and bring your friends!!

2023 Harvest Ball Main Flyer.pdf