Contra in Jamaica Plain this Saturday, June 22

Peter Rivard

Jun 17, 2024, 8:20:17 PMJun 17
to jp-c...@lcfd.org
Hello dancers!

Our Pride month dance is fast approaching and we hope you’ll be there.

WHEN: Saturday, June 22, 7:30-10:30 PM

WHO: Caller: Ben Sachs-Hamilton; Music by Spank Me! - Roberta Sutter and Amy Richardson Larkin

WHERE: First Church (U-U) of Jamaica Plain, corner of Centre & Eliot Streets

Break out those rainbow colors (or leopard prints) once again and head over to JP for our annual Pride month dance.  The heat wave in the weather forecast for this week is expected to break on Friday, with much cooler temperatures on Saturday—and of course, we’ll have fans going.  Our caller is Ben Sachs-Hamilton, who has become a well-known and popular caller of gender-free dances across the northeast.  And our favorite Pride dance band is back again this year: Spank Me! – The superb and inimitable duo of Roberta Sutter and Amy Richardson Larkin.

$5-$15 sliding scale, or pay what you can afford

As always:

No experience or partner needed.

All dances taught and called.

Gender role free terms: Larks and Robins

http://www.lcfd.org/jp for more details and directions

–Peter (filling in for Robert)

 HEALTH AND SAFETY NOTES:

Masks (N95/KN95/KF94 or equivalent commercially produced mask) are OPTIONAL for the 6/22/24 dance.

We encourage you to bring your own water bottle, but we will have water and cups available.

If you’re not feeling well, please stay home.

We always need volunteers to help set up and run the dance. If you’d like to help, contact ri...@comcast.net

IMPORTANT DETAILS:

Admission is $5.00-$15.00 (sliding scale). Free for children 12 and under.

We're at the First Church Unitarian-Universalist in downtown Jamaica Plain, on Eliot St. at the corner of Centre St., opposite the monument.

Please bring soft-soled shoes.

Please do not wear perfume, cologne, or other scented products, as some of our dancers are chemically sensitive, and experience discomfort when exposed to these materials.

For more information on this and other dances in our series, see our web site, http://www.lcfd.org/jp/.

For detailed directions to the church, see http://www.lcfd.org/jp/directions.html.

Join our Facebook group: Boston Gender Free Contra Dances.