Fwd: NEFFA Live Online - Sunday, Oct 17 @ 7 PM, please forward far and wide

Bob Peterson

Oct 16, 2021, 4:13:59 PMOct 16
to jp-c...@lcfd.org
Fellow JP dancers, here's your chance to hear our friend Aaron in a Zoom concert! It's this Sunday at 7pm.

\Bob Peterson
JP organizer

Due to unforeseen circumstances, Jacqueline Schwab has had to postpone her performance this Sunday night on NEFFA Live Online.  To our incredible good luck, Aaron Marcus has agreed to step up and take Jacqueline's place in this Sunday's lineup.  We are all very excited to have Aaron join us, and are looking forward to a fabulous evening of music, along with the truly amazing duo of Jim & Susie Malcolm, appearing live online from Scotland.  An evening of sheer musical joy, not to be missed.

On Sunday, October 17th at 7 PM, NEFFA Live Online! is proud to present an evening of marvelous music with Aaron Marcus and Jim & Susie Malcolm! After the concert, all are welcome to stay online to socialize and connect with our beloved NEFFA community!

You must REGISTER for the show in order to receive the Zoom link.  To register, click here:

https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAscu-urDgvHteX-p16jNBHqCAC2Bn04nYp

This concert series is made possible by YOU! Please help support these fine musicians with a recommended $15 donation. Thank you!

https://www.neffa.org/neffa-live-online/

7 PM

Aaron Marcus is well-known throughout the country for their performances with Frost & Fire, Giant Robot Dance, and The Turning Stile. Aaron brings exuberant energy, danceability, subtle lyricism, deep emotion, and spontaneity to any band arrangement, whether an accompanist on piano or clogging while playing tunes on concertina. And this can be best exemplified on their recent award-winning solo album, “Men Don’t Cry,” featuring all original music. Aaron most loves to teach percussive step dance, and play for English, Scottish and contra dances locally in Central Vermont.

8 PM

Jim Malcolm is the ultimate Scots troubadour. Traveling the world with his guitar, harmonicas, and engaging wit, he sings the traditional songs of Scotland and his own masterfully crafted songs in a style which is modern and accessible, yet utterly authentic. He is highly regarded as an interpreter of the songs of Robert Burns, and has been described as “one of the finest singers in Scotland in any style”.

An award-winning traditional singer herself, Susie Malcolm sings songs from the North East and has a penchant for ballads. Their 2017 debut album as a duo, "Spring Will Follow On," was warmly received and has been widely played across two continents.

Jim & Susie's concerts are like a musical tour through Scotland’s landscape and history, with humor their constant companion.

https://www.jimmalcolm.com/

9 PM - YOU!! Meet and greet, Q&A with performers, social hour!

Mark your calendars for our next online concerts:

  • November 21, 7 PM
  • December 19, 7 PM
Copyright © 2021 The New England Folk Festival Association, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
The New England Folk Festival Association
PO Box 2789
Acton, MA 01720-6789

Add us to your address book

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp