Laura Johannes

Bob Peterson

Aug 8, 2022, 8:13:30 PM8/8/22
to jp-c...@lcfd.org
Dear dancing friends

It is with great sadness that we write to let you know that a member of our dance community, Laura Johannes passed away on Saturday, August 6th, 2022 of pancreatic cancer, at her home in Dorchester, MA  She was surrounded by a group of her closest friends when she passed.

Obituary:
https://sites.google.com/view/lauraisgone

Laura didn't want a funeral or a memorial service. To quote from her obituary:

Since Laura thinks funerals are a drag, there won't be one. Please
celebrate her life in your own way. If you would like to honor Laura’s
memory, please share stories of her with others, or donate to a cause
that she cared about. Here are some suggestions, or if you feel so
inspired, Laura requests that you choose a charity that you think will
do good in today's world.

Electronic Freedom Foundation (https://www.eff.org/)

Support for Ukraine
(https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/ways-to-help-ukraine-conflict/)

Massachusetts Death with Dignity
(https://deathwithdignity.org/states/massachusetts/)

There are plans to host a memorial gathering in Maine in October,
being organized by Chris Ricciotti and friends at Crescent Moon Farm
in Montville, ME. Details coming soon.

If you would like more information on this, feel free to email Chris Ricciotti at Ricc...@aol.com or text him at 339-204-7644.  Thank you!