Export permissions and ssh keys

Jeff Davis

Mar 15, 2022, 11:23:48 AM3/15/22
to Warewulf
I'm pretty familiar with ww3.6 but I'm trying 4.2.  My exports (/home and /var/warewulf)  are read only after using 'wwctl configure' to generate them.  I can manually add rw to /etc/exports but it gets overwritten if I run 'wwctl configure' again.  Am I missing something.

Also, my ssh keys aren't working...  I know how to fix this manually but not sure I should have to.  Should wwctl take care of this as well?

Is there another forum where I should be asking these questions?  This group seems to have migrated.

Christian Goll

Mar 15, 2022, 11:52:11 AM3/15/22
to Jeff Davis
Hello Jeff,
do you use the released 4.2 version, or the main branch of ww4?
The overwrite of exports was fixed in the main branch, but in 4.2 there is no way to fix the overwrite of /etc/exports.
The ssh keys are only on the nodes, if the network is up.
There is also a slack channel, the invite link is on the GitHub page.

Kind regards,
Christian

15.03.2022 16:23:50 Jeff Davis <jeffr...@gmail.com>:

I'm pretty familiar with ww3.6 but I'm trying 4.2.  My exports (/home and /var/warewulf)  are read only after using 'wwctl configure' to generate them.  I can manually add rw to /etc/exports but it gets overwritten if I run 'wwctl configure' again.  Am I missing something.

Also, my ssh keys aren't working...  I know how to fix this manually but not sure I should have to.  Should wwctl take care of this as well?

Is there another forum where I should be asking these questions?  This group seems to have migrated.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted