grub issue - Stateful Warewulf-Rocky

Juan Manuel Cabrera

Sep 1, 2021, 8:26:21 AM9/1/21
to Warewulf
Hello,
I'm testing a Rocky 8.4+Warewulf+SLURM stateful deployment on some dell blade servers. I manage to configure the master node, build the provision image, and succesfully PXE boot on a slave server.  I´m having problems with GRUB when I try to boot from local storage on slave node. When the node boots it shows no Linux installation to chose from (only shows Advanced options). I enter the edit mode on "Advanced options" from the grub console and see that the --class flag was empty. I added some text there and it managed to boot correctly.

I want to know if there is something I could modify (master node config, provision config, image config) to fix this problem.

I am using the OpenHPCInstall Guide (v2.3): Rocky 8.4/x86_64 + Warewulf + SLURM (Rev: 411abc72d)