Getvnfs error

utkarsh korram

Jun 3, 2022, 10:07:19 AM6/3/22
to Warewulf
Hi,

I  am new to OpenHPC and trying to setup in a virtual environment to learn more about HPC.

I could successfully implement to a certain extent (Warewulf was installed properly) but when booting a node, I am getting an error at GetVNFS extracting - error is being displayed and not able to get any help from the Google as almost all the discussions are based on OpenHPC 1.3 and I am trying to setup OpenHPC 2.4 with CentOS8

Any pointers in solving this would be highly appreciated. I have attached the error message

Regards

Utkarsh
getvnfs error.PNG

Jason Stover

Jun 3, 2022, 11:03:46 AM6/3/22
to Warewulf
How large is the image? It looks to be extracting it into RAM, so say
the image is 1GB, you'll need to be sure the node has at least 2GB
RAM.

-J

Jason Stover

Jun 3, 2022, 11:06:09 AM6/3/22
to Warewulf
It's skipping the checksum check, but it's also possible that a bit is
getting flipped on transfer. So the CPIO extraction is failing.

-J