Warewulf 3.7 branched

Jason Stover

Jun 6, 2016, 2:42:16 PM6/6/16
to ware...@lbl.gov, warewul...@lbl.gov
Hey all,

As of SVN r1993 I've branched 3.7 .... GMK should be getting
tarball/packages up at some point.

I've done some testing after our last minute additions and didn't
run into any issues, so if anyone does run into any problems, then
holler.

-J

Oguz Han

Jun 9, 2016, 2:55:41 PM6/9/16
to warewul...@lbl.gov
Dear all;
I have a problem on my compute nodes. My compute nodes are stateless. I run mpi code on some video files which are located on a nfs storage. Each compute node mounts directory over nfs server. The mpi code copy the video from nfs server and at the end of the process it deletes video over memory. I follow memory usage of the code via top command and saw the used memory decrease at least video size (e.g 1GB). On the other hand, compute node's buffer cache is not decreasing. This problem occurs because of nfs_fscache. e.g. If i have 7 video each of 1GB on the nfs server and i want to rum mpi code on those videos. At the end of the 7 process, compute nodes buffer/cache reaches 8GB which is the total memory of the compute node. When i try to run 8. 9. processes, it can run so so slowly because of cached memory size. Is there anybody that tell me how can i solve this problem.

Best Regards;
Oguz HAN

-J

Jason Stover

Jun 15, 2016, 11:38:05 AM6/15/16
to ware...@lbl.gov, warewul...@lbl.gov
Hi Jason,

The tarballs should be up under:
http://warewulf.lbl.gov/downloads/releases/warewulf-*

As for the actual RPM's ... still waiting. I've provided el6 RPM's,
but I had a question on the el5 stuff. Once the RPM's get straightened
out, I'll send out a "proper" release email (or .... make some attempt
at an actual real email).

-J