Network bridge error and stop container

Darlan Conterno Minussi

Apr 14, 2021, 1:07:23 PM4/14/21
to singularity
Hello,

Apologies if this is not the right place for this question.
I'm a new user to singularity.

I'm attempting to run a singularity container to run rstudio server using singularity version 3.7.3 and have been encountering the following error which I haven't been able to solve after searching on google and stack overflow:

ERROR:   Network bridge is not permitted for unprivileged users.

Even though the error message is shown, the container is running and I am able to access it and connect to it. However, listing the instances doesn't show any container being run and therefore I can't stop the instance.

-bash-4.2$ singularity instance list
INSTANCE NAME    PID    IP    IMAGE
-bash-4.2$

(container is running and can be accessed)
-bash-4.2$ singularity instance stop --all
Error for command "stop": no instance found

Container image was pulled with:
singularity pull --name bioc3_10.simg docker://bioconductor/bioconductor_docker:RELEASE_3_10

and run with:
singularity exec bioc3_10.simg rserver --auth-none=0 --auth-pam-helper-path=pam-helper --www-address=127.0.0.1

Thank you for any help or input.