remote build debootstrap ubuntu focal support

Stefan Kluth

Oct 14, 2021, 9:31:46 AM10/14/21
to singularity

Hi All,

I have this .def

skluth@atlas246:~/Downloads/singularity/images$ cat root6.24.06-ubuntu20.04-debootstrap.def
Bootstrap: debootstrap
OSVersion: focal
MirrorURL: http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/

skluth@atlas246:~/Downloads/singularity/images$ singularity build --remote root6.24.06-ubuntu20.04-debootstrap.sif root6.24.06-ubuntu20.04-debootstrap.def
INFO:    Access Token Verified!
INFO:    Token stored in /root/.singularity/remote.yaml
INFO:    Remote "default" now in use.
INFO:    Starting build...
E: No such script: /usr/share/debootstrap/scripts/focal
FATAL:   While performing build: conveyor failed to get: while debootstrapping: exit status 1
FATAL:   While performing build: build image size <= 0

Soemthing wrong in my .def or the remote builder debootstrap is too old?

Cheers, Stefan

Gregory M. Kurtzer

Oct 14, 2021, 8:10:40 PM10/14/21
to singularity
I don't have insight into Sylab's proprietary commercial infrastructure, but it seems like they have an issue with the version of debootstrap running on their remote builder. Perhaps contact their support?

But just for kicks, I did test it locally and that bootstrap does indeed work just fine on my Rocky8 system with debootstrap installed from EPEL.

Greg

Gregory M. Kurtzer
Director, The Rocky Enterprise Software Foundation: http://www.rockylinux.org