Singularity has joined the Linux Foundation!

Gregory M. Kurtzer

Nov 30, 2021, 10:10:05 AM11/30/21
to singularity
It is with great pleasure that I share with you that the Singularity project has officially moved into the Linux Foundation effective immediately. As part of this move, and to differentiate from the other like-named projects and commercial products, we have renamed the Singularity container project to "Apptainer".

With this move to the Linux Foundation, we strive to expand and better align the Singularity (Apptainer) project with both the HPC community as well as the Cloud and Enterprise communities.

We have a new Slack organization for Apptainer and we encourage you to join the Slack community here:

More details about the move including an FAQ can be found here:

This google group will be renamed to Apptainer soon, so stay tuned for that announcement!

On behalf of the entire Singularity/Apptainer team, thank you!

--
Gregory M. Kurtzer
Director, The Rocky Enterprise Software Foundation: http://www.rockylinux.org