Singularity instead of VM?

Lew Robbins

Sep 15, 2021, 10:41:38 AM9/15/21
to singularity
Hello,

We are in the planning stages of the next cluster iteration and am wondering if anyone is using Singularity in place of traditional VMs for typical head node type of applications (login, transfers, scheduler, wiki, etc. ).
If so, how are you handling the network stack and do you have any type of HA in place?

We've been using Singularity for packaging software, working around glibc issues, and enabling our researchers to create their own images and have been very pleased with it, but if it's not a fit it's not a fit.

Thank you.