Current state of Feature Requests

Carter Peel

May 12, 2021, 10:15:55 AM5/12/21
to singularity
Hello, Singularity community!

I've created a spreadsheet of all the feature requests shown here
The spreadsheet can be accessed & edited here.

Feel free to drop in whatever you feel is relevant.

--
Carter Peel

Gregory M. Kurtzer

May 12, 2021, 11:25:24 PM5/12/21
to singularity
Thank you Carter for building this list.

I was just looking through these and what I've found is that many of them have gone stale, perhaps even the majority of them. I'd almost suggest closing any issue that hasn't had any comments or discussion for over 4-6 months so we can focus on the current status and moving forward.

Is that a horrible idea?

Greg

Gregory M. Kurtzer
Director, The Rocky Enterprise Software Foundation: http://www.rockylinux.org

Dave Dykstra

May 14, 2021, 1:57:37 PM5/14/21
to singu...@lbl.gov
I think it would be friendlier if someone would ask if it is still
important, and if there's no response in a few days then close it.

Dave

On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 08:25:10PM -0700, Gregory M. Kurtzer wrote:
> Thank you Carter for building this list.
>
> I was just looking through these and what I've found is that many of them
> have gone stale, perhaps even the majority of them. I'd almost suggest
> closing any issue that hasn't had any comments or discussion for over 4-6
> months so we can focus on the current status and moving forward.
>
> Is that a horrible idea?
>
> Greg
>
> On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 7:15 AM Carter Peel <cp...@ctrliq.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello, Singularity community!
> >
> > I've created a spreadsheet of all the feature requests shown here
> > <https://github.com/hpcng/singularity/labels/FeatureRequest >.
> > The spreadsheet can be accessed & edited here
> > <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qpTzoTCTu23jzvWUwbjUCgo-6SnyHCfJcQHIVPZK9S0/edit?usp=sharing >
> > .
> >
> > Feel free to drop in whatever you feel is relevant.
> >

> > --
> > Carter Peel
> > Ctrl IQ, Inc. <https://ctrliq.com >
> >

> > --
> > https://groups.google.com/a/lbl.gov/d/msgid/singularity/baa9a4bd-43cc-464a-93e1-4a44ea43c499n%40lbl.gov
> > <https://groups.google.com/a/lbl.gov/d/msgid/singularity/baa9a4bd-43cc-464a-93e1-4a44ea43c499n%40lbl.gov?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer >
> > .
> >

> --
> Gregory M. Kurtzer
> CEO, CIQ: http://ctrliq.com <http://ctrl-cmd.com/ >
> Director, The Rocky Enterprise Software Foundation:
> http://www.rockylinux.org <http://hpcng.org >

Gregory M. Kurtzer

May 14, 2021, 9:25:56 PM5/14/21
to singularity
Fair point! I will solicit volunteers for this in Slack.

Greg

--
Gregory M. Kurtzer

Carter Peel

May 15, 2021, 10:51:39 AM5/15/21
to singularity, Gregory Kurtzer
This seems like a great idea. I will get a template written out to send to all feature requests.