Query regarding analysis of annotated output data

Rajendra Prasad Sahu

May 6, 2020, 12:18:22 PM5/6/20
to IMG User Forum
Dear all

Hope this mail find you well.

kindly suggest how to analyse the annotated output data of IMG. Please suggest/share any tutorial or powerpoint presentation related to this.

I-Min Chen

May 6, 2020, 4:59:33 PM5/6/20
to IMG User Forum

Rajendra Prasad Sahu

May 6, 2020, 11:18:31 PM5/6/20
to I-Min Chen, IMG User Forum
Thanks for your kind support.

Rajendra Prasad Sahu
Junior Research Fellow
Environmental Microbiology and Genomics  Lab
Department of Biotechnology
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur

Sigmund Jensen

May 7, 2020, 3:40:56 AM5/7/20
to IMG User Forum

Hi Rajendra,
helpful to me was to store contigs (scaffolds) of interest as a gene set (in workspace). Contigs from other for example species of interest to compare with can be stored here as well. The gene sets can be analysed (see for example function profile button), and they can also be added to gene chart (see add selected  to gene chart button) for more analysis. To keep things focused I compared by COGs and KEGG, looking at aspects of interest.
Regards
Sigmund