links to gene

1 view

Michał T. Lorenc

Nov 9, 2021, 12:46:33 AM11/9/21
to apollo
Hi,
How does Apollo make it possible to click on the gene in the Annotations tab and after clicking on Go button it jumps to the gene?

image.png

We have the gene names and we would like to create links on our webpage to the gene in Apollo. How is it possible to create such links?

Thank you in advance,

Michal

Nathan Dunn

Nov 9, 2021, 12:11:32 PM11/9/21
to "Michał T. Lorenc", apollo

Michal,

It uses the location of the gene and uses the JBrowse url in the background, but I think it will work for either (I think).  So the following should all work:

<apollo root>/jbrowse/index.html?loc=<geneName>

Note that to use the name you have to use the index first: https://jbrowse.org/docs/url_strings.html but that only works for evidence tracks, not the annotation track, but you should have the location and sequence info on that anyway.

Nathan