Re: How to enable "Jbrowse Selector" by default?

Colin

Jun 8, 2021, 8:19:35 PM6/8/21
to Mike Thang, Apollo List
Hi there,

Glad to hear from you! This is technically an Apollo question correct?

-Colin

On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 7:59 PM Mike Thang <m.t...@qcif.edu.au> wrote:
Hi Colin,
I hope you are doing well. It's been a long time since we last spoke. I have a question regarding to the setting on Jbrowse. What I am trying to achieve is to enable the "Jbrowse Selector" by default using one of the config files (i.e. jbrowse.conf, jbrowse_conf.json , tracksList.json ) . However, I am not certain where to look for this setting. I have tried to set the dataset_id variable, but the Jbrowse Selector checkbox is not still checked by default.

Any suggestions ?

Many thanks,
Mike

Mike Thang
Bioinformatician, QCIF Facility for Advanced Bioinformatics

Queensland Cyber Infrastructure Foundation (QCIF)

BIOINFORMATICS | BIOSTATISTICS | BIODATA | BIO IT

T: +61 73346 2638

Nathan Dunn

Jun 8, 2021, 8:36:42 PM6/8/21
to Colin Diesh, Mike Thang, Apollo List

If this is Apollo, in addition to what Colin sent you for setting it by default, you can also select / unselect it with the checkbox, as well.

Nathan

 <Outlook-nkrfz1wn.png>

Michael Thang

Jun 8, 2021, 10:47:14 PM6/8/21
to apollo, ndu...@gmail.com, Apollo List, colin...@gmail.com
Thank you both !

Nathan,
I would like to have the "Jbrowse Track Selector" enabled by default not through human interaction. It's one of the requests made by a researcher that I am supporting. Therefore, I have been looking for a configuration and parameter in Apollo for this setting.

Michael Thang

Jun 8, 2021, 10:57:36 PM6/8/21
to apollo, colin...@gmail.com
Hi Colin,
I have added the following flag to the apollo-config.groovy file on my apollo instance, but it does not work as expected. Not sure what''s happening.

apollo {
      native_track_selector_default_on = true

Nathan Dunn

Jun 8, 2021, 11:32:36 PM6/8/21
to Michael Thang, apollo, colin...@gmail.com
Did you rerun Apollo deploy and redeploy it with that change ?

Nathan

On Jun 8, 2021, at 7:57 PM, Michael Thang <m.t...@qfab.org> wrote:

Hi Colin,

Michael Thang

Jun 8, 2021, 11:43:06 PM6/8/21
to apollo, ndu...@gmail.com, apollo, colin...@gmail.com
I didnt rerun the Apollo deploy (redeploy) after the change. Thank you for the reminder ! Will try it again

Thanks,