an error was encountered when displaying this track

Michał T. Lorenc

Aug 9, 2021, 5:06:18 AM8/9/21
to apollo, gmod-ajax
Hi,
While uploading a GFF3 file into Apollo via the GUI and adding the below onClick event, I got an error was encountered when displaying this track

image.png

image.png
What did I miss?

Thank you in advance,

Michal

Michał T. Lorenc

Aug 10, 2021, 4:14:24 PM8/10/21
to apollo, gmod-ajax
P.S. I was wrong the onClick works if I don't write Annotation into Category. Do you think it is a bug?

Nathan Dunn

Aug 10, 2021, 8:31:30 PM8/10/21
to "Michał T. Lorenc", apollo, gmod-ajax

I’ve never tested in under that scenario.

If you are going to be handling onClick events, I would probably configure it by hand.

Nathan

On Aug 9, 2021, at 2:06 AM, Michał T. Lorenc <m.t.l...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
While uploading a GFF3 file into Apollo via the GUI and adding the below onClick event, I got an error was encountered when displaying this track

<image.png>

<image.png>
What did I miss?

Thank you in advance,

Michal

Garrett Stevens

Aug 11, 2021, 7:33:40 PM8/11/21
to Michał T. Lorenc, apollo
Michał,

I have not been able to reproduce this error. I tried entering an "onClick" in the "Add Track" box and including a category, and it works for me. If you have a reproducible test case, please let us know.

Best,
Garrett

Francesco Cicconardi

Mar 23, 2022, 7:36:26 AM3/23/22
to apollo, stevens....@gmail.com, apollo, m.t.l...@gmail.com
I have the same problem

Garrett Stevens

Mar 23, 2022, 12:58:21 PM3/23/22
to Francesco Cicconardi, apollo
I am still unable to reproduce the problem. If you are able to provide a reproducible test case (e.g. a snippet of the GFF3 and the text that you pasted into the "Track Configuration JSON" box) then I can look into it further.

Best,
Garrett

Francesco Cicconardi

Mar 24, 2022, 5:41:40 AM3/24/22
to apollo, stevens....@gmail.com, apollo, Francesco Cicconardi
Hi Stevens,

I think I managed, I had "transcript" instead of "mRNA" in my gff3, and then I used punctuation in the name and category field when I was creating the track.
Now I have other problems... I think I'll write another post if I can't solve it myself.
Thanks a lot