Apollo now being run by JBrowse team

Nathan Dunn

May 5, 2021, 10:14:29 PM5/5/21
to apollo

I’m leaving the Apollo project and Rob Buels and the JBrowse team (specifically Peter and Garrett) will be taking over. They are busy trying to integrate the newest version of JBrowse (React + Synteny + awesomeness) into Apollo.

That being said, please refer any questions to GitHub issues or to the mailing list and not personal emails if possible as you may not get a response from me.

Happy annotating!

Nathan

Nicotra, Matthew L

May 6, 2021, 3:44:53 AM5/6/21
to Nathan Dunn, apo...@lbl.gov

Nathan,

Sorry to see you go, but best of luck in your future projects. I just wanted to say how much I appreciate your responsiveness on this list, helping us fix problems, regardless of how simple or complicated they were. As a “small-time”, single lab user of Apollo, I really appreciate it. And I think the support you have given has a lot to do with the success of Apollo. I hope that Rob and the JBrowse team continue the great example that you set.

Best,

Matt Nicotra

Matthew Nicotra, PhD
Associate Director,
Center for Evolutionary Biology and Medicine

Assistant Professor of Surgery and Immunology

Thomas E. Starzl Transplantation Institute

University of Pittsburgh
200 Lothrop Street
BST W1557
Pittsburgh, PA 15261