Loss of user information when uploading GFF via perl script

Nicolas Moya

Sep 23, 2021, 3:59:13 PM9/23/21
to apollo
Hello,

I am running Apollo 2.6.5 using the AWS AMI template. I upgraded my instance and transferred the annotations using the Apollo JVM heap perl script.

I had no issues except for a minor inconvenience. The information about the users who curated the genes are lost in the transfer. All the annotations are now under the admin ID.

This is not a deal breaker, since that information is still present in the GFF I extracted from the previous instance. I would like to know if there is a way I can keep that information during the transfer.

I made sure to add the users with the same usernames prior to the transfer.

Is the solution perhaps using the python script instead? or are there other additional steps I could try?

Best,
Nicolas Moya.

Garrett Stevens

Oct 4, 2021, 1:53:16 PM10/4/21
to Nicolas Moya, apollo
Hi Nicolas,

Are you referring to add_features_from_gff3_to_annotations.pl? I'd definitely recommend using "arrow annotations load_gff3'' instead, although I'm not sure if it will keep the user information. I don't think that information is available through the webservices that are used to load the GFF3 features.

Best,
Garrett