Note to Users - Posted June 28, 2013

Ken Chu

Oct 28, 2013, 1:52:56 PM10/28/13

Note to Users - Posted June 28, 2013

We are committed to support scientists worldwide with their genome and metagenome data analysis needs. However, decreasing funding for IMG forces us to reduce the level of support for non JGI users, that is, users who do not use JGI for sequencing.

We will continue to accept genome and metagenome datasets for annotation and integration into IMG, but will rely increasingly on automatic data processing. Consequently, the data release policy and metadata requirements will be strictly enforced and our ability to answer questions by email will be substantially reduced.

Data distribution for genomes and metagenomes submitted for annotation and integration into IMG is provided solely through individual genome and metagenome data portals and is limited to assembled and annotated datasets; no other type of data distribution (data downloads) is provided.For genomes available at Genbank or Refseqdata distribution is not provided via portals.

Ken Chu

Jan 7, 2014, 2:05:43 PM1/7/14
to img-use...@lbl.gov

Note to Users - Posted January 7, 2014

Access to all IMG (IMG, IMG/M, IMG ER, IMG/M ER) data marts require a login and password. You can get an IMG account at: https://img.jgi.doe.gov/request

For users who plan to submit genome and/or metagenome datasets to IMG for annotation and/or integration: please note that the data release policy and metadata requirements posted at http://img.jgi.doe.gov/submit are strictly enforced.

Data distribution for genomes and metagenomes is provided solely through individual genome and metagenome data portals and is limited to assembled and annotated datasets; no other type of data distribution (data downloads) is provided.