Hybrid Feedback

CARINA LANIER

Sep 23, 2020, 7:06:13 PM9/23/20
to Christine Bernstein, laps.board, Kurt Steinhaus, School Board Public Comments
Hi, my name is Carina. I am a concerned student who attends Topper Freshman Academy. I believe that the current hybrid system is not the best way to provide to the majority of the community. By monitoring the responses and concerns by my peers, teachers, and parents; I have concluded multiple thoughts. I have learned teachers do not want to complicate their lesson plans whether remote or live. I have also gathered that students appreciate independence to get work down on their own time and explore their interests. Additionally, I have gathered that parents are concerned that students are not receiving a complete/well-rounded education. As a result, there have been examples around the country where parents will send their infected child in school valuing education over health.
I propose a similar highly effective hybrid model for Los Alamos High School. Similar to the original plan students would attend school in person 2 out of the 5 school days. However, the other half of the class that does not attend live school will have access to live streams of the class and recordings. (the teacher will not have to monitor the live video and students would be unable to communicate with one another through the program). Additionally, this would give the students the option to watch the class at another time if they have a conflicting activity. They would be given the same lesson, resources, and work. This would build a problem-solving mindset and help students gain and find independence. Teachers would also have normality in their lesson plans.  Additionally, there is a lower risk of students attending school who are infected because they will be given the same lesson and assignment as opposed to attending live. This hybrid model would give students, families and parents options to provide the best education accessible.
As everyone is saying we are in this together with our own separate experiences meaning we all have the right to our opinions on how this situation should be handled. If you have any questions regarding this idea feel free to reach out.
Thank You,
Carina Lanier

 This email has been sent from a verified laschools.net user.
This conversation is locked