Pre-K masking

Stasia Christensen

Feb 22, 2022, 8:19:31 AM2/22/22
to Jennifer Guy, public....@laschools.net
Good morning,

Thank you for your time at the board meeting. I appreciate the facts and information that were shared. I’m sure you’re getting a lot of emails from parents now. But I feel the need to share my opinion on the requirement for pre-K to wear masks.

I am bothered that it wasn’t made clear to parents before that this division would be possible at the pre-K level from the rest of the school. I feel that Jennifer Guy brought it up during the meeting and didn’t give proper time for parents to share their opinions on that matter before the vote.

My daughter is in pre-K 4. She is now 5 years old, as are at least half of her classmates. They are eligible for vaccines!

When there is a positive case in their class, they are all considered close contacts. The school says in their emails to parents that it is because at the preschool age, kids don’t know how to properly wear masks. But yet now with your vote, they are the only ones required to wear them still.

As someone else mentioned during the public comments, the data has shown that this age is least likely to have complications from Covid. They are NOT the most vulnerable, as was said during the meeting.

feel that you failed to look at all the information before making this vote. Several of you said it’s time to move on and let people decide for themselves, but yet you are still forcing it upon this younger group of kids. Please consider talking to the pre-K parents themselves to see how they feel on this issue before making the sweeping requirement for all preschool classes.

Thank you for your time.

Stasia Christensen

This conversation is locked