Hybrid vs full remote opinion

Christin Whitton

Sep 8, 2020, 6:20:45 PM9/8/20
to Public....@laschools.net
Hi there,
I would like to offer my opinion on hybrid vs full remote schooling starting on 9/21.

As I have looked at information on what hybrid school will mean, my biggest concern is that this is going to be a long-term situation, when hybrid ideally would be a brief transitional period before the kids return to school full-time. I am concerned about the teachers - their workload and capacity to teach/put assignments up both in-person and remotely. I am concerned about a lack of consistency for my young children.

I sent a comment before the last board meeting fully in support of trying hybrid. I feel more cautious now - I think hybrid should be postponed until full-time school is a possibility a few weeks or a month out.

Thanks for your hard work - I know that this is a difficult and emotionally-loaded issue.

Best,
Christin Whitton
This conversation is locked