Re-opening Schools

Leslie Esquibel

Jan 28, 2021, 11:57:01 PM1/28/21
to public....@laschools.net
School Board,
Thank you so much for all you have done to juggle competing interests and concerns during this long, difficult time. Please do everything you can to get all of our kids back to school, full time, as soon as possible.
The current elementary schedule, while better than nothing, is really not cutting it. Please return to full days, two days a week, at least. Even cutting off an hour of their school time at the end of each day for teacher prep would be much preferred.  Lunches in their classroom if necessary, but I am comfortable with lunches in the cafeteria or gym.
One problem with lunches at Aspen prior to the winter break was the separation of friends. According to my 6th grader, this backfired and lead to kids talking louder to speak with their friends, rather than being able to just visit relatively quietly.
I am confident that the kids will do whatever is asked of them to allow them to be in school. This is so important to them. And to us parents who are really only seeking the good of our kids.
Special thank you's to Ellen for carrying us through the darkness, and to Melanie, for carrying us back towards the light! And to the Aspen and Middle School teachers who have worked so tirelessly for my kids!

Leslie Esquibel

Parent of 6th grader at Aspen

Grandparent of 3rd and 6th graders at Aspen

Grandparent of 8th grader at LAMS

(505)690-3710

This conversation is locked