Proposed development on North Mesa

Mark Rosenberger

Nov 19, 2020, 9:45:36 AM11/19/20
to public....@laschools.net, cheryla...@hotmail.com
Dear Board:

We I live on North Mesa just east of LAMS. We are opposed to the development of this land for numerous reasons:

1. It seems this proposal has been pushed through with little consideration for and no involvement from the local community.
2. Pros and cons need to be evaluated by an expert with respect to infrastructure (i.e., utilities), traffic, impact to the environment,... and that information needs to be evaluated and shared with the community.
3. It will significantly add to the population of North Mesa and increase traffic through the roundabout to the point of grid lock in the mornings with parents dropping off children at LAMS. Emergency evacuation should also be considered as we are not immune to periodic events requiring evacuation.
4. Building on this site will remove habitat for wildlife, and harm the environment by removing natural vegetation,...
5. If LAPS utilized this parcel for housing, where will LAPS build new schools in Los Alamos County?
6. The MOU is too vague giving the County too much authority, and we have all realized the mediocre results of county involvement in projects.
7. The last time that LAPS attempted to build housing for teachers (i.e., Pinon Trails) it was a boon for developers with the majority of the housing going to residents that were not employed by LAPS.

To reiterate, we are opposed to development of this parcel on North Mesa adjacent to LAMS.

Thank you,

Mark S. Rosenberger

"Often the difference between a successful man and a failure is not one's better abilities or ideas, but the courage that one has to bet on his ideas, to take a calculated risk, and to act." --Maxwell Maltz

This conversation is locked