Public Comment for School Board meeting

David Izraelevitz

Sep 24, 2020, 6:27:28 PM9/24/20
to public....@laschools.net, David

Dear Teachers, School Staff, School Board, and Dr. Steinhaus,

I can only imagine the difficult daily decisions each of you are confronted with, individually, and as an organization, as you try to educate our children to the best of your abilities and facts available to you.

Each decision is highly consequential and a heavy burden. The wellbeing of our children, teachers, staff, and general public depends on taking steps whose implications you may only know in the distant future, if ever. Although our own children are well past school-age, it is not too difficult for us to place ourselves in the position of parents in our community who are also faced with similarly difficult, highly uncertain, and very consequential decisions.  These are stressful times for all of us, whether a child, a parent, a financially impacted worker, or a vulnerable senior, and we could all use a hug.

As a fellow public official, I wish I had some special insight to share with you on how to make these decisions, but I don’t. I leave it to your collective and professional judgment on how to perform your vital duties. However, I can assure you that you all have my support, admiration, and trust as you navigate the days and months ahead. I know that you are doing your very best, that you have the best interests of our community, our citizens, and most of all our children at heart, and that we will come through these dark times better and stronger, in large part, because of you.

Thank you,

David Izraelevitz

Los Alamos County Councilor

This conversation is locked